Recoverery time

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I was hear but I know I can count on you to give me good advice. Everything has been going along very well for me in the last year since I was dx August 10th 2005, but I recently contracted a stomach virus that went thru my house like a tornado. First my daughter, then my wife and I, then my mother in law. Seems they were all rid of the “bug” in 24 hours or so but its been 4 days for me and I’m still not 100%. My question is, is your immune system compromised, and illnesses take longer to get better since I had an Auto Immune illness? What have you experienced or what is your thought.

Thanks in advance,

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 12:41 pm

Welcome back Coach, haven’t talked to you in a long time.

The way I see it, it does seem to take longer to recover from a virus when you have had GBS. Your body is not quite the same as it was prior to getting this syndrome.

How are you doing other then this nasty virus?

I would have contacted you about the new forums, but I didn’t have your e-mail address.
      They still haven’t ironed out all of the kinks in the new system yet, we’re hoping they do real soon.

Take care 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 5:27 pm

welcome back coach. sorry to hear of the family’s illnesses. it probably will take you longer to feel better, it does with me. i can’t tell you why, but it just does. take care, and keep in touch!

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 9:31 pm

Since my diagnosis of GBS in May 2005, I have had one illness. It was a flu like thing that hit most of my family. I got over it the quickest. Apparently, my immune system is still running fairly high. It was only a 24 hour thing for me. I wasn’t able to hold down any of my meds or even water for most of a day. Then, I was pretty much fine. Went easy on my stomach for a couple of days afterward, just in case, but I haven’t even really had a cold since.

That has been my experience.

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 6:53 pm

I don’t get sick really, even if people are sick around me. I guess it’s different for everyone.

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 8:42 pm

I was diagnosed with something called “Post Viral Neuropathy”. To me it is like a mini GBS attack while dealing with a ‘bug’ going thru the house and it takes me longer to get back up to speed. I try drinking more water during these times, make sure I am taking a multi-vitamin, and I will take some vitamin C until I feel better. Oh yeah, and REST, REST, REST!!!!

Angela

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:00 pm

I don’t have any advice Coach, I just wanted to say it’s nice to see you back.

Jerimy