"In Loving Memory"

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 9:29 pm

In Loving Memory Of
      Billy Emory Gurr
      Feb 9, 2007 – Mar 16, 2007
      Fort Walton Beach, FL

Billy Emory Gurr, 57, of Fort Walton Beach, passed away on Friday, March 16, at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center after a brief illness. He was the husband of Piper Marie Gurr (Willis).

Born in Hawkinsville, GA, he was the son of the late Samuel Earl Gurr, Sr. and the late Paula (Wood) Gurr.

Mr. Gurr was raised and educated in Tallahassee, FL. He was a graduate of Rickards High School and had moved to Fort Walton Beach in 1979.

Billy had worked as a meat market manager for 33 years for several supermarkets which included Winn Dixie, Food World and Odoms Grocery. He had most recently worked for Wal-Mart in Fort Walton Beach as a dairy manager. Billy had enjoyed oil painting, wood working, fishing and camping.

Besides his wife, he is survived by 2 sons; Ryan Gurr of Castroville, TX and Billy Eric Gurr of Santa Rosa Beach, FL, 1 daughter; Jinnifer Sullivan of Mary Esther, FL, and his sister; Peggy Lashley of Tallahassee, FL.

He is the brother of the late Samuel Earl Gurr, Jr. and the late Bobby Earl Gurr, and is also survived by nine grandchildren and numerous nieces & nephews.

Memorials in his name may be made to the American Cancer Society, 339 Racetrack Rd, NW, Fort Walton Beach, 32547.

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 10:15 pm

Piper,

I am so sorry to hear about Billy’s passing. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Piper,

I sit here in total shock! I dont know what to say as I dont think I quite grasp that Billy has passed away.

Piper, you have been through so very much lately! You have had to deal with one thing after another, my heart truly goes out to you. May the Lord Comfort you and your family in this time of bereavement. Please know that you will be in my prayers Piper, and I am thinking of you during this difficult time.

I am so very sorry.

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Piper,
      I don’t know you, but you are part of our family here. You are in our thoughts and our prayers. Many of us have felt the grief at the loss of a loved one or dear friend. Please feel the hugs I send.

[IMG]http://www.wtv-zone.com/emma/christ/gifs2/letuspraybible.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Piper,
      I did not get GBS until a month after your husband came down with it in August. I just went back and read all of your posts. It broke my heart to read of the nightmare that you both experienced. Your last post mentioned a “brief illness”. Billy went through so much. I don’t know how you survived the last eight months. The one good thing about GBS is the survival rate. Yet Billy went through it and then got sicker with something else. I remember reading about a hospital person who thought on a spiritual level – as to why this was happening. It seemed to help your husband. I hope that one day you will figure out why the both of you had to go through this horrible experience. And I hope that you will remain part of our family here. May GOD bless and keep you. Please take care of yourself.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 5:08 am

Piper,

We’re very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that we’re praying for you and your family at this sad time.

Deb

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 6:03 am

Piper, Sorry to hear about Billy. Do know that your in our thoughts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 6:23 am

I have never read any of your previous posts but I have gone back now and read your husbands journey. It just doesnt seem fair that he should have gone through all that he did and still not come out the other side. I cant put my anger and frustration at the senselessness of it into words. As if going through GBS isnt bad enough. I know that the statistics say there is a small chance of life threatening complications but it is SO UNFAIR.

I want to send you my sincerest consolences and wish you all the strenght you need to get through the coming days, weeks, months.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 7:29 am

Piper,
      You have my deepest condolences. You and your family are in my prayers. My wife and I live a few miles away in Niceville. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 10:39 am

Piper,
      I am so deeply sorry for your loss and pray that you can feel carried by the love and support sent to you. If there is anything you can think of that would help, let me know.
      Claire

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 11:10 am

Piper ~ I am so sorry for the loss of your Billy. Please know that prayer thoughts will continue to be with you. Hugs, Judi

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 11:50 am

Piper, please accept my Deepest Sympathy on your Billy’s passing. I will keep him in my prayers as well as you and your family.

May God Bless and Comfort you and your family at this time.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 4:54 pm

Piper,
      I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
      My daughter joins me in extending our sincere condolences to you and all the members of your family. May your memories of life together bring you peace.

Cd

Something Beautiful Remains

The tide recedes but leaves behind
      bright seashells on the sand.
      The sun goes down, but gentle
      warmth still lingers on the land.
      The music stops, and yet it echoes
      on in sweet refrains…..
      For every joy that passes,
      something beautiful remains.

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Thanks for sharing with us at this difficult time. I read your previous posts and my prayers are with you.

Love in Christ,
      Caroline

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Piper,

What a terrible shock. I’m so very sorry to hear about Billy’s passing. I hope it will help in some small measure, to know that his (and your) family here are grieving with you. You will be in my prayers tonight.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 5:07 pm

Dear Piper,

You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. Please feel free to vent to us anytime. Lots of shoulders here for you to cry on.

Take care,

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 5:23 pm

I too went back & read alll of your old posts from last summer. I am so sorry about how much both you & your husband had to go through. He was so young, I will always wonder why some can be so very sick with GBS & make a full recovery, while others are left with so many residuals. The only consolation I have for you is that he is now free from pain. I know that is little consolation, but only one who has endured the kind of pain most of us on the forum have endured, could understand what I am trying to say. Know that we are here for you now & will continue to be here whenever you need to vent. Again, my deepest sympathy to you & your entire family…

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2007 at 7:27 am

Piper, I remember your posts about your and your husbands struggle and I am so sorry for your loss. You were such a caring wife and a great advocate for Billy.

• Anonymous
      March 29, 2007 at 11:04 pm

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Peggy

• Anonymous
      June 7, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Piper,

We don’t know one another, as i am new here, but i wish i could jump through the screen and give you a big hug. If you ever need to talk, just know i am here, as is everyone else.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Piper,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. You’ve been an excellent caregiver and wife, and I know Billy’s spirit lives in you.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2008 at 12:36 am

In case some of you might think this is a new post, Billy passed away March 16, 2007. He did have GBS but it was actually a form of cancer that took his life. Just an FYI to those who thought we lost another member…
      Pam