Questions regarding pain post gbs

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,
      I had gbs in Sep of 2006. I was pretty active prior to and try to continue exercising. I find I have pain often in my back and neck and this upper abdominal pain as well (it feels like pressure with some nausea) I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced anything similar? I have had gi tests with nothing notable found. Please let me know and thanks.

Dave Tornabane

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2008 at 9:48 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Dave
      I haven’t experienced anything quite like what you are feeling, sorry.
      I have ‘pasted’ your question in another thread ( pain, pain…pain Forums>GBS-Adult )
      Check there too, ‘kay?
      Hope you feel better.
      V[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 2:41 pm

[QUOTE=DAVE]Hi everyone,
      I had gbs in Sep of 2006. I was pretty active prior to and try to continue exercising. I find I have pain often in my back and neck and this upper abdominal pain as well (it feels like pressure with some nausea) I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced anything similar? I have had gi tests with nothing notable found. Please let me know and thanks.

Dave Tornabane[/QUOTE]

Dave,

I had GBS in April/May of 06. Residuals showed up in December 06. I have back and neck pain (back much more than neck), and problems with nausea and vomiting. Was seen by a gastroenterologist who ordered some xrays. They showed nothing wrong, so I am now on dramamine. Had chest pain last summer – nothing wrong, so they guessed it might be inflammation of the ribcage.

The docs here just don’t seem to know. Sounds like you’re facing a similar situation. Wish I had answers.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Dave, might try alittle more rest. Could be the nerves causing a little stir in the abdomen muscles. I’ve been experiencing similar flare ups the last few weeks, still haven’t found much to help relieve the pain. Take care.

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2008 at 9:39 pm

I had GBS in August 2006. Last October I had discomfort and bloating in my upper abdomin. They took out my gall bladder in November. I still have the pressure and bloating, but the pain is pretty much gone. I also have back and neck pains. It is hard to know what they come from. Good luck!!