Questions for Monica Lara

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Hi Monica I went back and read your post from Oct 2007 and it sounds like you had good luck with the Hyperbaric chamber. I am wondering now that some months have past how are you doing now? Do you still have to have IVIG? Do you do both? I am told that how they do it here is two treatment a day for ten days and it would cost about 4-5 thousand so we would have to get a loan. But if you still have to do the other treatments then is it worth it? Did this put you in a remission? Thank You to everyone for your help.
      Peggy

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Hi Peggy,
      I too am interested in the final results after she used them.
      Where I go for Physical Therapy that is associated with the medical center, they have one there. I would assume it would fall under “Physical Therapy”, and perhaps be covered by my insurance.
      I am not doing well with the CIDP, and my doctors are fighting a losing battle, trying to put me into remission. My neuro. even suggested as a last resort, to possibly do a bone marrow transplant, since steroids, IVIG, and plasmaphereses didn’t work, and now I’m on the last thing-chemotherapy at the maximum possible dose (2000mg) monthly.
      Please let me know if you hear from her.
      KEDASO

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Kedaso I hope to hear from Monica or anyone eles who might know something first hand about the Hyperbaric Chamber. I do know that insurancre will not cover it at least here in Spokane. I guess I want to know what a re the chances of it being a cure.
      Peggy

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2008 at 4:56 am

I have never tried a hyperbaric chamber but a close friend sells medical equipment, including portable hyperbaric chambers, and he has been telling me for YEARS it will help. I have asked my doctor about it and he’s sort of hum-hum-lets-not-confuse-the-treatment type so I haven’t tried it. I can put you in touch with Gary if you would like to talk to him, he tells me that people with MS and autism have really benefited from the hyperbaric chamber. It isn’t covered by insurance except for emergencies like burns and dive problems but I seem to recall Monica was getting treatment in Mexico that was not too bad. And if you (any of you) want I can grill Gary myself for more information on costs, benefits etc. He has been a friend of ours for more years than I can count and I am sure he would be happy for me to interview him. 😉

Hopefully you don’t get claustrophobic if you choose to try it – all versions of a chamber I’ve seen are hardly bigger than your own body, some look like a body-bag (how scary is THAT!). Personally I don’t get claustrophobic, I think it’s kind of like snakes – you are either afraid or you aren’t – not much in between. 😉 but don’t bring a cockroach near me unless you want to see how high I can jump with numb legs…

Julie