question & inspiration

• January 7, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Hi all

I am 18 or so months post and noticed recently that my feet (not both at the same time) will feel numb. This hasnt happened since I first got sick. Now I am not worried about it coming back (surprise!) but wanted to know why the new development? It is gone within a few hours or by morning. I have not been over active since i have been recovering from a cold and taking it easy.

On the good side, I have temperature sensation back! For a long time I couldnt tell how hot or cold things really were. That led to a burn from the bbq over the summer when I grabbed the hood instead of the handle to close the lid. I didnt let go right away (it didnt feel hot). I could get a shower with it on HOT and it felt normal to me even though my skin was bright red and the room was filled with steam. Anyhow, when the sensation returned I totally excited and started testing it out LOL! Muscle twitching is at a minimum and only happens when I am really tired instead of every night all night. I havent had the snapping rubber band type headaches (knock on wood) for a few months now. The numb patch on the palm of my left hand near my wrist is gone and only shows up in a much smaller area when I am exhausted and my residuals are acting up big time. There is more, but the point is I can tell there is improvement! It excites me but I can not forget where I have been thruout this journey. Now I am looking forward to my face not being numb and my throat not being numb. The face thing is all the time across my forehead and along the right side, my throat is usually okay but does act up more often than I would like. I am very glad my neck/throat stopped being tight!!! Yay!!

There is hope and there is constant healing and improvement, dont give up hope!

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2008 at 2:08 pm

fom,

during my recovery, i had the odd gbs symptom pop up, both long gone & never-had-before symptoms. eventually they went away. assume same for you. 🙂 take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Just remember, our body’s communication system has been assaulted. Recovery or finding homeostasis once again can be quite the journey! I use to “panic” when an old or new residual popped-up 😮 Now, it’s more of a reminder that I am still healing. Here’s to your health 🙂