question about pain

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Hi All: This may be a dumb question but what is causing all the pain in my legs. Today, 21 months out, the pain was worse than ever and, though I got my work in, I had to lie down a lot and take my percocet. Is it nerves that have not healed and is this likely a permanent condition? Is it from the shock to the nervous system? I had significant axonal damage and was totally paralyzed below the waist but am able to walk now though not for long distances. I am just unsure of the physical causes for the pain and the outlook for the future. One doctor told me to expect it for the rest of my life and the other said he was an optimist whatever that meant. Did anyone have significant pain for almost two years and have it go away? Thanks in advance for any answers. Jeff

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2007 at 11:37 pm

Hi Jeff!
      Sorry I can’t help much since I am only 6 months post-GBS. However, I can sympathize! I hope your pain is a temporary thing and you will be feeling much better in a day or two!!! Hang in there!!!!

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 6:48 am

Hi Jeff are you taking gabapentin? It’s meant for nerve pain and zapped feelings. I had a nerve biopsy on June 9 2005 right by my right ankle and it still hurts now after 20 months but is getting better. I was taking gabapentin then switched to Lyrica. It helps for my pain. I am a production line worker.

Did you over do it? If you push yourself to far it may intensify the pain. Also for some people hot baths and what nots cause the symptoms to feel worse.
      Also I hope you are resting. Rest is very important.

I hope you find some answers.

Sue

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 7:54 am

hello there jeff I found most of my pain is in the legs, I was paralysed from the neck down in 2004 and my legs were the last limbs to regain feeling, I get aches in my arms but not to the extent of my legs, hope your feeling better soon.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 1:37 pm

hi jeff. i still get pain in my arms and legs when i over do it. (and if memory serves correctly, you’re probably over doing it). i tend to push myself too much too and pay the price afterward. please rest and the pain will ease up. i’m over 5 years post gbs and i have to try to slow down. i know it’s easier said than done, but please try to rest. it’s really important. feel better.
      deb