Question About Nose/Eyes Burning

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Hi, Folks.

I had GBS in April 2006 and started with residuals in December 2006. I had the regional variant kind (not ascending, not Miller-Fisher).

Since February 2007 I have had patches of time every couple of months in which my eyes and nose (interior) would burn. I have gone to my neuro – he has no idea. Have gone to an ENT – no idea. Have gone to a rheumatologist – no idea. Nasal spray and eye drops don’t work. It’s not debilitating, but it is annoying.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice you can share.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Hey Kelly-

Sorry to hear about your inability to get a straight answer. I haven’t experienced this, although I’ve been dealing with a nasty sty in my left eye. It may be something due to our weakened immune systems.

Hope you get some relief!

Peace,Dave

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I get this alot! It’s your immune system throwing off histimines. Like an allergic reaction to something. People with auto-immune disorders can get this problem but each individual is different. Mine get’s bad at time. Eyes will turn bright red and just start itching for no reason. Nose will get burny feeling. The doctor gave me Benedry for mine when it occurs. I also take a cold wet rag and place on my eyes the moment they start the itching. That eases it some.
      If it’s not your immune system, then you may have an allergy to something either where you work or at home. Either way, it’s best to try and find the culprit. If it happens again, try to remember what you were around when it started. This may help you find the culprit. But if it continues and there is nothing to cause the allergy, then your immune system is throwing off histimine making you become allergic to yourself.
      The wonders of having Systemic Lupus is my seeing some strange things happen in my body that other’s never see!

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 6:53 pm

Thanks, Dave and Linda, for your quick replies. I appreciate your kind words.
      Linda, how long does your eye irritation last? Do you also get the burning sensation in your nose?

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 6:55 pm

Linda, I see that you did indicate that your nose gets that burning sensation.
      Please disregard that question in my reply. Sorry. I’ll blame my burning eyes for not reading that sentence correctly. 😮

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2008 at 8:41 am

I have seen times where it only lasted a few minutes to then last 3 or 4 days straight. At least once or twice a week I get this problem. Annoying too! This morning I had the cold rags to the eyes. After I used the cold rag, it went away. Hope this helps you feel better. 😀