question about bloodwork

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 5:30 pm

When I was admitted and dx’ed with GBS, I had high anti-nucleic antibodies, and high c-reactive protein. I know they are just “markers” for something going on, but I have not had a repeat c reactive protein, and I wonder if I should, since high CRP is linked to heart probs etc. Anyone else familiar with this??? :confused:

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 4:34 am

Cara, CRP (C – reactive protein) is a general test for an inflammatory process going on in your body. It has superceded the older less specific ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate). It is not an inicator of heart disease but naturally after a myocardial infarct it will be raised due to the inflammatory response. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Cara,

Just Saw Your Past Post. I Had Gbs Over 30 Years Ago And Just Had A Positive Ana. C Reactive Protein Was Normal Though. Would Love For Some Doctor To Answer As To Whether Gbs Causes High Ana.

Take Care, Boomerbabe

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I am sad to inform you that it was reported to me that Doc Bod psassed away a couple of years back. It was a great loss to the Forum as well as the world.
      Lea