Protein Question

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 3:58 pm

HI Everyone. I was wondering because of the high levels of protein in gbs sufferers if it was still ok to eat alot of protein in your diet? I’ve been trying to get hubby on anti inflammatory diet. Does anone have any suggestions? Thanks

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 4:27 pm

There really is no direct connection between the proteins in our food and the proteins found in our body. Proteins are essential in our nutrition and are broken down into their components, amino acids, by our digestive system. These amino acids are the building blocks our cells must have to be able to assemble the many different kinds of proteins required to function. There are many different kinds of proteins with different functions, among them enzymes and antibodies. Eating more proteins than a body really needs does not mean that our body produces too many proteins causing or worsening diseases. On the other hand, not getting enough protein in our food may make us sick.
      I can’t answer your question about anti-inflammatory diet’s. Perhaps somebody else will answer or you could Google it.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2008 at 5:01 pm

Thanks! I thought that was the case but was unsure