Prom Night

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2010 at 2:09 am

I went to Prom tonight! Hubby, who is also a teacher, had to chaperone and ask me if I thought I could come. I took a longer nap, and went out dancing. I am so proud – I managed the curling iron without burning myself, got dressed in my fancy duds with only a little help (I can’t get pantyhose on by myself – shoot, I use one of those sock pullers for my regular socks!) and off we went. I felt like Cinderella. At one point when the music could actually be danced to Tom (hubby) took my hands and danced by my wheelchair, and then spun me (and the wheelchair) around, just like I was on my feet. I almost felt like I was dancing, and some of the kids proclaimed us “cute”. High school students have much more stamnia than I – 10:00 came around and this Cinderella felt pumpkin like behavior coming on. So, before the horsemen turned to mice Tom got me home. I had a wonderful time – it was great being out someplace other than church, the doctors office or Walgreens. Now I know why Prom is so special, there is life after GBS,

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2010 at 5:14 am

Cathie,

Reading your post put a smile on my face….:)
      I am soooo happy for u and that just goes to show that …yes, you are right, there is “life” after GBS!!
      What an inspiration you are to ALL ……………you are great.
      Thanks,

Perry ๐Ÿ˜‰
      P.S. And your husband is a very special guy too.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2010 at 8:11 am

Now that was one big baby step. Glad you had a great time. Take it easy today
      Harry

• April 17, 2010 at 7:28 pm

how wonderful!! Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you and so glad you had a Cinderella night. *happy hugs*

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2010 at 11:43 pm

keep on keeping on thats all we can i give you an old navy compliment (BRAVO ZULU) for you. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 17, 2010 at 11:47 pm

This is thrilling news! You have lots of wonderful times ahead!

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2010 at 11:56 pm

that sounds like an amazing night, you will see there is many more cinderella like nights in ur future… rest well and get excited about ur next adventure!