Projects with a numb mind…

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 10:09 am

LindaH-you made me laugh at one of your responses this morning about the ashtray and cigarette in the refrigerator. Since some things came to mind that I have done with this brain fog that seems like we all seem to have with this CIDP/GBS, I thought I would put some of my “OOPS-I did it again”, and get some chuckles out of my own mishaps, as well as others who have run into similar things.
      OOPS–I did it again…
      I was rearranging the milk, cream, and orange juice in the refrigerator by date. Later in the day, my partner was looking for the cream and asked where I had put it, and I told him it was in there by date, (older date in front). He found it on top of the refrigerator…
      OOPS–I did it again…
      I have lived at my current address for over 3 years now–still can’t remember my phone number–I have to pull a piece of paper out of my wallet that has my address, (which I have also forgotten at times), and phone numbers.
      OOPS–I did it again…
      I now only smoke, (yes, I still smoke and find it to be the only thing keeping my sanity at this point), in the office part of my home. Before, I would be smoking, get interrupted and go get something in the kitchen, then forget where I had a cigarette going and have to go room to room looking for the lit cigarette.
      Any funny things happen to anyone else?
      KEDASO

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 10:22 am

My kids roll thier eyes at me all the time…..I want to say one word and another comes out….such as foots for feet. They correct my grammer for me. I think to myself and who is the parent? They also leave chores for me such as the dishwasher to empty as they say, “Its good therapy for you!” Sometimes I let them get away with it as it does give me the feeling of selfworth and contributing but other days I pull the parent card and make them do it.

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 1:46 pm

I looked around the house for my Car Keys for 45 minutes and found them in my curled up hand.

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2008 at 11:42 pm

I lost my cell phone somewhere near my computer yesterday. I just used about a half hour before and I hadn’t gotten up from the computer. I suddenly got the bright idea of call my cell phone with the portable phone to see if I could find it by listening for the ring tone. I heard it ring and when looking for it. It sounded like it was right at my feet. I tried this three times and finally gave up. When I moved away from the computer I absently minded put my hand in left pocket. Guess what I found? Your right, my cell phone

Jim C

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2008 at 2:21 am

my reading glasses….my 11 year old son groans when he hears me say… “anyone seen my glasses”….

…on my head….:confused:
      ….in a logical place – in the glasses case! 😮

It isn’t my fault, I have decided that they are possessed, and they move from place to place just for fun and to keep me on my toes (not literally – not a pretty sight!)

Debs

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2008 at 3:32 am

I’m glad I made you laugh. Laughter at times makes good medicine. I had a time years back getting viral conjunctivitis. It was in the winter time and I was much younger back then. My eyes puffed up and when they did I looked like I was mentally retarded. I never laugh at children like this because they too have a disease. But one day while my children were coming home and I was in bed in my dark bedroom. I had this pair of PJ’s that looked like something two year old would wear. That viral conjunctivitis lasted two long miserable months. Every day my children would come home and we had an upstairs house at the time. From down stairs they would ask me if I was okay and I would say yes! Something hit me funny that day and while hearing them comin up the stairs I stood up in my bed with my teddy bear heart PJ’s and with my eyes all slanted and puffy I started mumbling and playing on the bed as if I were retarded. I had to get a laugh and make the illness funny because I was almost about to go nuts having that stuff.
      My children looked at me funny and got all quiet and sneaked down stairs and called my husband. He comes flying home thinking something happened to my brain and saw me in bed doing retard dance in bed! At first he stood there staring at me and then it dawned on him, I was giving myself a laughter treatment. He stared laughing himself.
      What was really funny was this stuff was contagious and I told my husband not to get near me for he could catch it! Stupid man touched my eyes and then rubbed his eyes swearing up and down he would not catch it! Two day’s later my husband and I both had the mess! LOL! MY poor kids then saw two parents standing on the bed doing the dance when they came home! Sometimes I have to laugh about what happens to me. If not I would lose my sanity.
      I remember standing on a stool after gaining weight from Steroids. That stool was not not sturdy and I knew it wasn’t sturdy. But my dumb mind decided to go ahead and get on the stool. Had my foot go through the stool and got stuck and could not get the stool off my foot. Had to call the fire department and get rescued! They had to saw the stool off my leg while neighbors were watching them rescue me from the stool accident. LOL!
      Once you get to learn me in here you will see me and my crazy sense of humor. LOL!