problems with fingers

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2007 at 8:45 pm

i am Gabriel 3 years post gbs, i am from Bolivia and have some problems with fingers, i would like i some body can send me OT in order to improve my fingers or exercises… my mail is g_castro_o@msn.com

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Gabe is having problems getting good information to his OT to use on him. They have a limited knowledge and access to aids for PT and OT. He is having problems with his fingers twisting. After massage they are able to be straightened but they soon pull up and twist. Please send Gabe any information to sites you can or suggestions that might help him with the use of his hands. He has got this far but his therapist is better with the larger muscle groups from what I can see than those tiny groups in the hands and feet.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2007 at 1:10 am

Play the guitar!

• August 26, 2007 at 3:59 am

get a speacal soft clay, and with this clay is instroctions how to use it and lot of exersices when I find it, it is somwhere in my things that I have not still unpacked since I came home from the rehab. this clay helped me alot when I was haveing difficulty in my hand, and I still does some of the exercise with out the clay like streching out the fingers and put theim together.

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2007 at 1:16 pm

If each of us takes up a musical instrument that we will enjoy and that will help us work those areas that need that extra boost we could have a great band….maybe even an orchestra! Flute would be good or the piano too! Just not the drums for those hands but for the shoulders that might help. Hey we could use you all in our musical group! How about it Gabe?

Those stretch bands and putty were great things to use in rehab! So was using my pillow to squeeze, it really helped too! Just don’t do the squeezing motion but the reverse motions to use those other muscle that straighten things out. Waving with an open hand helps to stretch the fingers or swishing your hand in water with it out stretched and using the water as resistance to push against. Even reaching up to the wall and pushing against it will help or the kitchen counter. Washing the windows or the car will also help! Oh did I mention washing the dishes and pots and pan? Cooking and baking. Doing the laundry? Grooming the dog! Oh how nice our lives were before and can be again! Just have to work toward that goal.

Has anyone kept their kazoo from their childhood? I think that is why I am not good at karaoke I was humming playing the kazoo instead of singing the songs. Well that is my story and I am sticking to it! I bet with GBS that humming would get on your nerves really quickly! But I still want to be one of the kazoo players in our band!

Gabe hope this had got you thinking what else you can be doing to exercise those hands! Hope you get back to work soon!