Pregnancy and CIDP

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 10:01 am

I have been doing research trying to find cases of women with CIDP becoming pregnant and have not found anything. My neurologist hasn’t heard of a case of this happening. Does anyone know where I could find information on this? I know that when I become pregnant I should be able to continue IVIG if necessary, but I’m wondering if the CIDP will reduce chances of becoming pregnant or make the pregnancy more difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 10:11 am

Because I have a daughter with CIDP I did a little bit of research on pregnancy & CIDP. There isn’t much info out there at all though.

What I did find was that pregnancy can either bring on CIDP (if you’ve been in remission) or it can intensify your CIDP symptoms.

I did read you can take IVIG while pregnant.

In the few articles I found on the subject nothing really ever came up about CIDP affecting fertility.

You may want to contact the GBS/CIDP Foundation International to see if they have any info on this or if they can direct you to a dr who might know more.

Hope that helps,
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Hi, check with badmommy-she is expecting another bundle of joy. I’m sure she can give you some good advice and insight. Not sure how often she checks in though, but a p.m. might get you an answer. Take care.

• June 10, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Hi,
      I do not have time at this instant to look through my binder, but I will later. I have the number of a member who has had 2 children while having cidp. she was at the Chicago symposium, We talked at legnth and I asked for her 3 and e-mail and if she would mind if I pass it along should someone on the site need info. She was happy to oblige. Coincidentally, her mother is a liason and she helped me a great deal in the begining, she too might be helpful in your quest for info. check back later tonight, I have to cut the grass now and say my Hail Mary’s (inside joke from a post last week).
      Dawn Kevies mom