Posting photos! Here we go Norb! This might help

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:15 pm

For those that can’t get Flicker.com there is another site that might help you get started a bit easier. Go to Photobucket.com. Get registered. After you register you will see Albums. Hit Albums and then you will see an area that say’s download. You can do 1 photo or you can scroll down and hit bulk or old way. I do the old way. Once you get your photo placed in the site you scroll down and then hit save and continue. Then you will see your photos. Right where the photos are at you will see boxes beside the photo’s. Click on the box and it will make a check mark. Once you have your check marks. Then you scroll down and hit the Generate the HTML Button. Then you will see four sections. You want the 3rd section for message boards.
      What you do is write it down Come into here and type exactly what I type exactly what you wrote down and you got your picture in the site!
      This is a sample but the next posting you will meet Pumpkin my cat! She was abandoned and when we found her she had hundreds of fleas. I had to get her bathed and defleaed. Then she had tapeworm. And was very malnourished. Pumpkin now has a happy loving home!

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LindaH/HPIM5771.jpg[IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Here is Pumpkin! She is 4 months old!

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/P1010005a.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:25 pm

I didn’t say I was perfect in photography but maybe this will help! Going to try another one! Norb! Maybe this site will be easier for us starters! I tried Flicker and had problems! Don’t know why but had problems!
      Here is another one!
      This is my container garden! That huge plant is a large collard plant that is almost ready for picking! Yum yum! No picking out weeds and less maintenance and I still have a garden every summer that I can enjoy!
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/HPIM5774.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Another view of my garden! I grew carrots this year in containers and had broccoli, tomatoes, okra, cantaloupes, bell peppers, cabbage, zuchini and squash. My fall garden has garden peas, collards, spinach and turnips. Some of my plants are just getting started and others are ready for picking.
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/HPIM5773.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Hey Norb! Geeze! I got the photos in here but they are huge! ROFL! I did something wrong here. Gosh! Pumpking looks like she is going to jump out of the screen!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Hey Norb! I think I better to go to bed now! ROFL! I can’t stop laughing here! Poor Pumpkin has done scared everybody off the site! HeHeHe! Hugs
      Good night Norb! Hehehe! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:56 pm

This is so much fun. ROFL [IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/lol.gif[/IMG] is right. Pretty cat but scary. It’s not Halloween yet ๐Ÿ˜€

I don’t know Photobucket. Is there an option like with Flickr to choose different sizes or edit the photo you apparently took with a higher pixel camera?

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 6:46 am

Hi Norb! I just went into the site this morning and actually there is an area where you can adjust the pixel size to be smaller for posting on websites! The Photobucket.com actually seems to be a bit more easier and is more detailed than Flicker. Let’s just say I think Photobucket.com is for those that are not that good at posting photo’s. LOL! Everytime I look at Pumpkin… I started balling out in laughter! ๐Ÿ˜€ Hey! I got the photo in here! Just scary opening up a screen and seeing this big cat face looking directly at you! LOL

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 7:48 am

Linda I don’t know what was missing or what we twisted in that tututorial but I think Norb needed a laugh and skipped a step. I read on my mirrow that objects might appear to be closer than they appear. I never could understand that warning. Why would they put a BUMPER on a car without telling you what it was for? So maybe we should put a warning on your photo of Pumpkin and my photo of the Catepillar and the Canada Geese. Honey I shrunk the kids is not going to work!! How about this message contains GODZILLA? LOL OK, so they were POSTER SIZE! Linda I enjoyed your photos! I did not see anything wrong with them! GO FIGURE!! LOL ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 8:55 am

Pumpkin is larger than life! Still liked the picture. My cat pictures usually have “red eye” Anyone know how to avoid that? I’m sure a better camera would work but that’s not in my budget right now. Any other suggestions? I know some of the photoshop programs are supposed to take them out but havent’ really found one that works well.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 10:05 am

Jan I think you have answered your own question about red eye! Some of the newer cameras do have that strobe type flash that goes off several times before the actual flash. Some of the photo programs are better than others. I use Photo Shop Pro and all you do is add brown where the red, green, gold or silver shows up in the eyes. There is also a pen that you can use on the photos after you print them out but I am like you I don’t like some of the programs or processes. Taking the photo from the side rather than a straight on photo does help with this reflection tool I just took some photos of the deer in the back yard and they had monster eyes too. It will be interesting to see what others suggest!

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 12:33 pm

[QUOTE=LadyKITUSA]Linda I don’t know what was missing or what we twisted in that tututorial but I think Norb needed a laugh and skipped a step. [IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/lol.gif[/IMG] [/QUOTE]
      Are you guys ragging on me? :rolleyes:
      OK then, I added another illustration to Tutorial2 to show the relationship between pixels and inches. Flickr only gives pixels which is not very helpful but once you pick a size they show you the actual photo you will be posting. You can calculate it yourself by dividing the pixels by the resolution (72). Linda, BTW your cat is 1024×768 pixels = 14.222×10.667 inches, resolution is 72 pixels/inch

[IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/Howtopost/size.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 4:01 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Large enough to take the whole computer screen and jump right out at you giving you scare for your life! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Everytime I come in here I start getting hysterical laughter! And I have not even taken my doofy pills yet! Well! I admit! I’m not perfect! ROFL~

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Yes I am back! I needed a laugh! Linda you might not be perfect but you are PURRRRRFECT! There is a big difference and I would rather be like you!

OK Norb, calm down I am not going to post a photo this time! LOL

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 6:19 pm

๐Ÿ˜ฎ maybe you should sound an alarm before you post a pix that jumps out at me ๐Ÿ˜€

Checked out Photobucket. Does look pretty easy. Main differences:

You have to pick pixel size you want upfront
      You have to put up with adds including video while uploading

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Linda, nice garden! Only 4 months old?! Pumpkin looks bigger than that for some reason:D ๐Ÿ˜‰ Nice Capture!!

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 7:23 am

Hi Cheryl! With the photo I took of her… she’s turned into the giant Halloween Kitty Cat! ROFL! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ She was larger than our other cat that we found all in bad shape too. And we ended up actually having two stray kittens this year. Rambo and Pumpkin. Both were really small kittens that popped up in the month of June. Around the last week of June. Both then looked to be around 6 weeks old. So she is probably going on close to 5 months possble.

Then in July, I heard something outside underneath our steps and found another baby kitten and the mother cat was laying right beside it dead. She had been hit by a car or something and was taking the baby to a safer place and couldn’t make it and died. That kitten we had to bottle feed and hand rear. She didn’t even have her eyes opened yet. Little bitty thing! She’s small but a mess! We have a total of 10 cats!

We have a large wood building in our backyard and my husband and I put dry wall and insulation with a flooring and made it into a cat house. Got all their cat toys in there. We take two a week and bring 2 of them in the house to be with us during the week. They have windows, heat, air conditioning and a screened in porch! All have been spayed and neutered. Very high yearly vet bills too! Our vet though knowing us with so many cats give’s us a discounted rate! Which is good!

Our first cat was Bootsie which was 5 years ago. And three months later we ended up with Little Boy, then Snowie. Had three cats! Then my son got transfered in the Navy and left us his cat Piddens. All are 5 years old. Then 3 years later Sweetie came along… Huggiebear! Both are 2 years old. Last year Camino popped up and she is a year old. This year we adopted Pumpkin, Rambo and Baby Girl! 10 cats! Would have had more but I found homes for them. I can’t take in anymore unless one of them passes away and I would hate to see that happen for each of them have been so special.

All our cats were abandoned kittens that needed special attention. Meaning they were in a life threatening situation. Malnourished, mistreated or abused. Giving them to the SPCA.. we knew they would have been put down because of their poor health. They aren’t in poor health now! Little Boy was really abused! Have no idea what happened to him. He’s people shy. Scared to death of people. Will only have me or Andy and will not mess with anybody else. He hides and won’t come out if we have company. We sit there and watch him hide in a corner somewhere and he peeps his head out every now and then hoping the company will leave! LOL! Solid black with huge eyes! He talks to himself! Walks around all day long and talks to himself! If we do our hands a certain way around him he darts. So we think he got slapped around.

If I didn’t have the building, I wouldn’t have 10 cats. They all like coming in the house and spending their week inside! My husband every morning takes his coffee an goes to feed them. He sits with them for a while. Then in the evening after work he feeds them again their treat treat and spends a little time with them. I go out their once a day and play with them unless I an really bad off that day. Will take some pictures today and see if I can get them all in here!

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Johnny Mac I hope you get to see my car! Kinda weird it was bought in Hawaii in 1984 and shipped to the states in that next Spring. Boat ride took it 4 months. My car has been to Hawaii, not me! Love your car what year is it? I am the third owner of this one. Really thanked the second owner for taking care of it for 23 years! How did I do Norb? Linda he has created a monster!

[IMG]http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/LadyKITUSA/SeetheUSA2_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/LadyKITUSA/SeetheUSA_1.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Great pictures, cool car, LadyKIT. You did great and should get a diploma, too. How could you say I created a monster. If I did it’s a great fun monster. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 7:40 pm

Wow Kitt! Awesome car! That is a beauty you have there. My husband has been restoring a 1968 Chevrolet ElCamino! Been buying new parts here and new parts there. Not a cheap project that’s for sure. Takes alot of money redoing those kinds of cars. If it ever get’s finished it will look nice. But right now all I see is the grey primer on it. Has a brand new motor built and all the enterior has been redone. Slowly one day he will finish it! I hope!
      Norb! Now see! Kitt passed the photo test with no problems. Now me on the other hand .. needs some work! LOL! Hugs

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 2:50 am

Kit, AWESOME Car and Great Shot!!!:) A guy I knew had one just like that one, right down to the top and color. Tim would drive it only in the summer time, and especially with his girl. You really have a Wonderful Hubby!!!:D Keep the pics comin’!:cool:

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 10:46 am

I got the new camera with my check from the government to stimulate the economy! We put our heads together to buy one things and come up with the new camera. So with the other money that is left we can sink that into gasoline for the Vette to go out and take photos. Little local trips are all I can handle right now. The car and the camera get me outdoors. He has a plan but also is covering his interests too! LOL Like the kid that bought his Mom a football for Christmas! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ We have one night a week that is date night and this gives us just some other options when we go out. We can take a nice car and take photos for the memories! He told me he will keep the car clean and slowly work on it to keep it running. It does need a new radio. Get this it has this huge speaker in the back and can rock the neighborhood! Why people do those things I will never know! Bad thing is there is no room in this car for my German Shepherd Dogs! ๐Ÿ™ I always bought my cars so the dogs could fit in with all their gear! Oh and no room for the children and grand kids! OH WELL! LOL ๐Ÿ˜€ My Son is 33 so he begs to drive me around! LOL No grand children! Maybe next year I will take it to a few car cruises. I really like the old cars and the people that restore them! This car has been garage kept and never out in the rain for the last 23 years. We don’t wash it we DUST it before we go for a ride! Strange concept! LOL Nope you will not find me doing donuts in the circle up the street like Kevin Harvick or doing Drifting in a Yellow Corvette like Cindy McCain. I can not afford the new tires every time! But I can dream! Maybe I can find a sponsor like Goodyear or one of the other tire makers? LOL Amazing how many people i have met that have old cars in their garages that they are restoring that I did not know was even there! It has been a nice Summer and I am looking forward to getting it ready for next Summer! Take care everyone! Live out those dreams!

NOTE TO MY GBS FRIENDS: After riding and driving with the noise and vibrations from the motor I am wiped out and have to come home and nap! I blame it on the GBS but maybe it is just old age? LOL It is amazing what effects our bodies that would not before this. Who would have guessed a loud noise would do this to our bodies? I just keep doing things to let my body heal and over come these obstacles! Sooner or later after it is healed I can forget about what it does to my body and just enjoy the sites!