post gbs and peri menopause?

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2006 at 12:00 pm

does anyone have any info / articles they can post a link to that would have anything to do w/ someone being post gbs and peri menopause…how those 2 things correlate and / or can wreak havoc????

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2006 at 10:14 pm

if you are on neurontin, you are doing the best thing for hot flashes already. that info is at medscape dot com. 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2006 at 11:45 pm

wow..i would like to know the answer to this one. it seems like i have a lot of menopause symptoms every since i’ve had gbs. as far as neurontin helping, i’m not sure whta it is supposed to help with menopause.

sherry

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2006 at 12:18 pm

not on neurontin, never have been….no such luck i guess? ha…..any other thoughts or ideas??

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2006 at 11:49 pm

Remember, nerves “everywhere” may have been affected. What may present as peri menopause/menopause symptoms may be GBS residuals. I believe that many of the guys with GBS have experienced the “hot flashes”. If the nerves aren’t “talkin” right then how can the rest of the body respond “normally”??

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 10:07 am

oh yes, i agree w/ this for sure…i have given up on anything even remotely ‘normal’ again…haha……soo many strange things in these 9 years post gbs….i chalk most of it up to being post gbs, but i am baffled at times w/ some of these symptoms……i am hoping there is scientific documentation floating around out there somewhere…i sure would like to go the the ob/gyn ‘armed’ w/ concrete info for once…..they know nothing about gbs and have no clue what to tell me……..thanks guys…..take care..much love, becky in wv

• August 5, 2006 at 7:32 am

Hi Pritt

I know what you mean I’m exactly the same, never know if its peri symptoms or post gbs symptoms.
      I have found a great site which has really helped me, I now know I’m not losing it, but whats happening is normal lol (husband might not agree) :rolleyes:

The web address is [url]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url] click onto message boards, and scroll down to “menopause” also the womans health boards are excellent. I use these boards frequently, have had some great advice. Mind, no good asking about GBS, no one has any idea about that,come to think about it nor does any of the doctors I have seen recently regarding my foot so thank the lord for this site!!

Regards
      Suzy

ps Hope it helps, let me know.