Possible IVIG reaction or something else

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2007 at 10:45 pm

This is going to be hard to explain. Over the last few months Emily has been having issues with the skin on her fingers. It’s hard to explain exactly but it’s the underside of her finger tips…like where people get fingerprinted at. What is that area called because I am having a total brain fart right now & can’t think of it.

Anyways…

It’s like the skin there gets red & irritated. She says that it hurts. It could be from a few things though. She’s playing Toto in the Wizard of Oz at school so she’s crawling around on her hands alot or it could be the crappy soap they have at school – that stuff will dry out your hands REAL quick.

I know that I read awhile ago about some auto-immune disease where this happened or maybe it was something about IVIG. I’m not really sure other than I know I read about it. How’s that for being thorough, LOL.

Any ideas? And sorry for being so spacey tonight. I am exhausted. I’ve had an extremely busy week.

Thanks,
      Kelly

• April 6, 2007 at 10:34 am

Hi Kelly
      My other son Nick who is thirteen, had the same problem. About a month ago all of his finger pads were raw and almost bloody, I was freaking out, Kevin was in the hospital at the same time. Well, finally I realized he had been playing in the snow piles in the streets that were filled with salt and he was playing basketball in the street. Well it took about two weeks and it went away. Then it came back and the only connection was the basketball that he was using again. It is this one particular one with black and red paint on it. Is it the paint, rubber in the ball? Yesterday he showed me one spot that either has not healed or his new he does not remember (teenager thing). Being that we obviously have autoimmune issues in the family, I wonder if the basketball or the salt even have anything to do with it? If you find anything out can you let me know? Thanks Dawn:) 🙂

• April 6, 2007 at 10:37 am

Kelly,
      I re-read your post. Regarding the crawling on the floor, Maybe there is some sort of cleaning chemical they use on the floor, or is she wearing any make-up for the show? Dawn