Porphyria? im scared

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 6:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria

anyone here ever hear of it? It doesnt look my gbs episode would have gotten better from gammaglobulin treatment if I had this.

I basically want someone to tell me Im ok 😀

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I asked the ER nurse and doc what they prescribed for me and they said methylone and I asked if it was a steroid or what and got weird answers – look at the box and it says methylprednisone

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 9:53 pm

Hi: Don’t know the disease or what to tell you but prednisone is used to suppress the immune system and reduce inflammation. It is very strong medication and if the er doc did not explain it to you I would find a doc who will. I would get as much info as you can. Best of luck, Jeff

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 11:53 pm

[QUOTE=jeff]Hi: Don’t know the disease or what to tell you but prednisone is used to suppress the immune system and reduce inflammation. It is very strong medication and if the er doc did not explain it to you I would find a doc who will. I would get as much info as you can. Best of luck, Jeff[/QUOTE]

I was on prednisone before- im sorry im just a lil out of it- I just found it interesting when I said prednisone they said no.

Im thinking I got – strained stomach muscles from when I put together my son’s crib + cidp flare up+ anxiety attacks + ulcer + stresssssssssssssssssssssssss