Please Say A Pray For Marge

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 11:10 am

My Dear Friends,

Again I have to come here bearing sadness.

Marge passed away Dec 5th. Please keep her in your prayers tonight.

I am heart broken from the loss of my best friend, my sister. She will be forever in my memories and my heart.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 11:23 am

I am so sad to hear that, what a wonderful person and friend we have lost. My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends and very much to you too Donna as I know you were close. I will miss her very much. Rest in peace Marge you will never be forgotten.

Love,
      Jerimy

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 11:47 am

Brandy,

Thanks for letting us know. She was a good friend, and I’m in tears now. But I’ll try to remember the good times–she was always fun.

Love,

Deb

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 12:02 pm

[FONT=”Arial Black”][SIZE=”5″][B][U][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=”6″]marge [ sweet grandma] as I came to know her! she was always so kind to me during my early days of recovery! all we had in common was gbs and our beloved YANKEES! BUT A SOFT HEART WAS THERE TOO!

MARGE [ SWEET GRANDMA] WOW ,,,I WANTED SO MUCH TO COME AND MEET YOU IN PERSON ,BUT IT JUST NEVER HAPPENED!:confused:

MARGE [SWEET GRANMA ] WOW HEAVEN IS A MUCH BETTER PLACE NOW!,,,AS I SIT HERE IN TEARS I JUST THINK OF ALL THE HAPPY TIMES WE HAD ,,,

MARGE [SWEET GRANDMA] I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR GONE BUT SOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD YOUR OUT OF PAIN!!:) [/SIZE]

REST WELL MY FRIEND [SWEET GRANDMA!]

SCOTT [SURVIVOR48]

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 12:10 pm

[B]Brandy, I am so sorry to hear about Marge.

My heart goes out to you and her family.

I will remember her in my prayers.

hugs, ellen[/B]

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 12:13 pm

I cannot begin to absorb this shock, but losing a loved one is hard and I’ll miss the grand lady from New York. A person who bettered herself every day, and kept her mind sharp by taking collage classes up to this year. She loved American history. Loved to banter back and forth and always looked at things as a challenge, not a burden. God needs liberals and he got a good one this time. Like myself, her mind was always in gear when the body didn’t keep up, and she struggled much to maintain the phisical challenges while feeding her mental strength. It was my pleasure that I met such a lady as her many years ago. I’ll continue to have a place in my heart for her always. Where I store my best friends of which she was one.
      Ms. Dumont? Please watch over Groucho. We’ll laugh together some day. I hope her family knows how far she reached out and touched people and was truly loved by many.
      Love, Marc

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 1:00 pm

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]B…..you know all ready. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]It’s very strange. As an ‘old-timer’ (for the newer folks on here, by old-timer, I am talking in ‘before the last hackers attacked us’ terms), there is so much to say about M (Now THAT’S for sure!!!), the memories are flooding, non-stop right now.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Donna & I spent time yesterday afternoon reminiscing about the last four years with Marge, laughing & crying at all the antics. This was at about the same time Marge passed (I checked the time on my cellphone, B. Marge HAD to have been with us!). We sent Marge on her way by remembering her.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]So, to everyone…PLEASE, remember Marge.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 1:30 pm

Oh Dear Brandy,

My prayers are going out for Marge, and for you and her family. I am rather stuck on what to say… this is rather shocking. So sad, such a loss to everyone who knew her.

Brandy, you have been through a lot this past year, please take care of yourself. ******************{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 1:32 pm

Donna,

I am sitting here in a state of shock, trying to understand and have the news sink in ……… I dont quite know what to say or do right now. Last time I spoke to Marge, we spent most of the time laughing, or rather, she had me in stitches.

Donna my dear friend, my heart is breaking for you! This to top everything else this time of year. ๐Ÿ™

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 1:48 pm

I don’t know what to say. M, you were like family. I’ll miss you, good bye.

Jim Cannon

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 2:13 pm

I haven’t been around here for very long, but I read the posts from Marge long before I started posting myself. She was definitely one of the people who made this forum a family I wanted to belong to. I am so sorry she passed away, and Donna, I am sad for you too.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 2:42 pm

Hello Family,
      What sad sad news to see. I feel utterly crushed now that I already sent out a Christmas card to her, but perhaps her family will understand that it was just meant to let her know I was thinking about her.

Since I am one of the “oldies” from the old forum, I have many memories of Marge. We have lost a sister because we are family here.

The angels were with you Marge.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 3:48 pm

And the tears fall . . .What a grand lady Marge was! How we will miss her here in our cyber family. Donna, thank you for the wonderful “sister/caregiver” you were to her. My prayer thoughts are with all who morn.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 4:05 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][COLOR=”DarkRed”]Hello Friends:

…….oh Marge, I will miss your sense of humour, your compassion, just being you…….such a terrible loss.

Do any of you remember the “Frog” thread I started for Marge? We had so much fun with that and I don’t know how many pages it went up to but we were all trying to find Marge a frog. We all loved her and her frogs!

I thank Brandy for letting me know about Marge – I don’t come on here often but from time to time I always stayed in touch with Marge. I feel badly, just mailed her Christmas card yesterday.

….you’re loved Marge, and we will miss you.

Love, Myrt[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 4:40 pm

I am so saddened, Marge, the wonderful feisty Italian-American New Yorker on steroids who never drove a car, didn’t have a driver’s license.

I still remember this story she posted:

[QUOTE]Had to have some tests done yesterday at the hospital. I left after two hours of tests and going to pharmacy. Local bus stop is in front of hospital, which is located on a major north-south New York avenue and about 200 feet from ambulance entrance.

A private-car service vehicle was parked in bus stop and I gently (or as gently as someone still on steroids) told driver to move. He did not and beeped horn, urging me to get out of his way. I snapped and said “no you idiot” (a tad stronger since this is New York), urging him to move his damn car. He did not and smirked so I poked at car with the rubber end of my cane. He still didn’t move so I poked more strongly. He started screaming that he was calling the cops because “you dented my car.” Needless to say, my language got stronger and he got nastier. He did not call the cops though I told him to do so, yelling that cops would be highly amused to know that he wanted them to arrest a 65-year-old woman wearing oxygen and carrying a cane for assault on a deadly vehicle.

And how was your day?

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Donna,

I’m so shocked and saddened to learn of Marge’s passing. Strong, quirky, and compassionate. Our family here is diminished by her loss.

Donna, I know you’ll miss her terribly. You will be in my prayers tonight, as will Marge and her family.

Sadly,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 5:32 pm

Oh my gosh, I am in shock at this news. I will miss her greatly. Prayers to her family.

She was a great person.

Pep

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 5:34 pm

I can’t believe that Marge is gone and Donna for you to lose a good friend like her on top of everything else that you have endured. Maybe Frank is greating her at the Pearly Gates and thanking her for being such a good friend to you and he will be there to help her.

Goodbye Marge

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 6:33 pm

What shocking news…our deepest sympathy to Marge’s family and friends. I especially enjoyed her wonderful sense of humor and the word pictures she painted for us.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 6:48 pm

I’m sending sad thought across the Atlantic after getting to know that wonderful, funny, caring Marge has left us. I really felt I knew her personally, because I think she “saw” everybody, and knew how good it felt when someone wrote a post with your name in it. When we had fun with the Swedish Meatballs last summer, it was just like I was expecting her on my door any day. What a remarkably wise woman she was too – I will think of her whenever I log into this forum.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 7:11 pm

I’m so sad to hear of Marge’s passing. Donna, I know you ladies were very close; I know this is very hard for you. If you need anything, please call me at 630-589-4990. Marge touched a lot of lives on this forum, and she will be greatly missed. I will never forget her love for the Naked Cowboy.

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 7:53 pm

[COLOR=”Purple”]I’m sitting here in shock, like everyone else. What a loss of a wonderful woman. I felt like I knew marge, though we never met. I so enjoyed reading about all her cyber adventures with you, Donna. Her stories about hospital stays, politics, and people in New York were priceless. We will all miss her so much. My thoughts and prayers to you Donna, and her family. Love, Vicki[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 10:11 pm

It is very sad to loose a family member or friend, but to loose a cyber family member and see such a grand tribute to them on a forum where they were enjoyed and appreciated like Marge has been. I have a heavy heart for all of you and a grin when I remembered reading her post on the cane and the car story! Good bye Marge! This group is going to sadly miss your posts but you will continue to be part of us in our stories!

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 12:19 am

Love and heartfelt caring to everyone affected by the loss of Marg….now one of God’s Angels. My condolences to her family and friends. May God comfort you all.

cd

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 2:49 am

What a kick in the stomach. To have to bid farewell to such a wise, wonderful and brilliantly funny woman, filled with compassion.

I’ll miss you terribly, Auntie Em.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 7:53 am

I loved to read her posts. Donna, I know you two were good friends. Sending prayers your way and for her family. She touched many on these boards.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 9:51 am

Brandy …
      I am here with tears too , we all who know you dear sweet Marge Love you and will keep you in our memerance always, we will miss you .
      My thoughts and prayers are with you Donna and Marges family.
      I loved reading your posts ….the funny ones always put a smile on my face .
      THANK YOU !
      May you rest in peace dear friend

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 10:55 am

Brandy:
      I am so sorry for your loss. Marge struggled so much and fought
      so hard and shared alot with this forum.

As with my friend Jim, she too is now FREE and flying with the angels.

Love and prayers are with you….and her family.

May her spirit surround you and help you to find peace…

Blessings MaureenBoz

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 11:12 am

Brandy,
      I am so sorry to hear we lost another forum member, especially one so intelligent, witty, & loved by so many. I know how close you two were; I will miss her clever & funny posts. God bless her family & I hope she is free from pain now & it consoles me to know she is in a better place…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 11:26 am

Hi Everyone,

I just spoke to Marge’s daughter Jessica and she said to thank all of you for
      your prayers and condolences. She’s numb right now at the loss of her Mom.

If any of you would like to sign her online condolence book you can go to

Legacy.com of the New York Times newspaper. The wake is tomorrow and funeral mass Saturday morning. Her name is Marguerite F. Stanford.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 12:04 pm

Marge’s surname, anyone?? I would like to sign the legacy book. Thank you.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 12:10 pm

I’m Sorry Judi, it’s Marguerite F. Stanford. I should have added that, but my brain is in a fog right now.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 12:56 pm

Donna, dear ~ no apology needed. The body protects our hearts with a “fog” when there is to much loss to absorb. many hugs, Judi

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 1:45 pm

Here is the link for those interested, cut and paste it into a browser:

[COLOR=Blue] legacy.com/NYTimes/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=20183383[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 3:04 pm

Donna, Thank You for bringing the News. I wish I was closer to you so you could cry on my shoulder. I can’t imagine the emotions you are going through right now, Cyber Hugs just don’t express enough in times like these. My Thoughts and Prayers are with You and Marges’ Family. I will Miss Her Great New York/Italian/American Woman on Steroids Attitude, and Her Cute Male Nurse Stories. On the Brighterside, I can picture Her Chasing All those Male nurses around and slapping them on their butts and smiling!

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Last night I was in tears, but today I’ve thought about the good times.

Marge had ‘threatened’ on numerous occasions to come back to England, and several of us from this side of the Pond had planned to join her at the Prince of Wales in Wimbledon to celebrate our friendship. Anyone who travels in this direction, let me know. We’ll meet and drink to her memory.

Love to you all,

Deb

PS: Donna/Brandy: we’re saving the best seat for you!

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 4:26 pm

Marge was an Icon at the GBS Forums – Always trying to help others why she struggled with so many health issues herself. Marge always had a clear mind, high spirits, and was made of spunk and energy…

Rest in peace Marge.

Love, Jethro

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 5:40 pm

It is hard to put into words but an expression of sympathy does not seem enough for such a loss. Marge was such a great gift for communicating her feelings and thoughts that I know that she is watching over all of us with the love and concern and humor that she shared with us so frequently. She will be profoundly missed.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 7:12 pm

How many books, how many words, such feeling, the love of a Queen that is indeed M. I will miss all her insight and friendship. Heaven is indeed improved with her there. Thanks for all you are and the friend you have been to this family. Brandy can you hear the bell. I can. She has her wings.

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 8:01 pm

Well- Apparently this is what it takes to get me back here.

Anyone who ever talked to Margie,whether in person,online,or on the phone couldn’t help but admire this woman.So much strength in such a small package,she went through life admired and loved by many and feared and respected by even more.What more could a Truly Great Woman ask for?

Margie helped me through so much Darkness and helped me fight so many Demons that I will never be able repay the debt that I owe her.Her passing has broken my heart,but not my Spirit.

She wouldn’t like that.

If she thought that I was even thinking of going down that Dark path again I think she would be on me in a New York Minute whacking me over the head with her Ethereal cane.

Gods,I am going to miss you Darlin’.

Never quite gone

The Great and Powerful

bludog

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 10:23 pm

Oh, No ….

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2006 at 11:05 pm

This is such terrible news. So unexpected. I really don’t know what to say, I’m at a loss for words. I do know she’s in a better place, with no more pain or hurting. She is (I’m sure), watching down on us all, smileing, knowing we will all be together agin. Marge I will deeply miss you.

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 12:32 am

I hear the bell ringing John and she is an AngelFirstClass!!!

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 3:52 am

I haven’t been around here during last week and I am shocked to know about her sad demise today. I agree, Marge was definitely one of the finest members who made this forum a family. Though I knew her by her postings on the forum, I feel itโ€™s my personal loss too.

May her Soul rest in peace. My prayers are with her family

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 4:51 pm

If anyone would like to see a picture of Marge and her grandson Ryan, go to legacy.com. Debi condolences has a camera on the bottom of her post, click on it to see her.

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 5:21 pm

[quote=Brandy]If anyone would like to see a picture of Marge and her grandson Ryan, go to legacy.com. Debi condolences has a camera on the bottom of her post, click on it to see her.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]Thanks, B, for posting this info![/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 5:28 pm

[quote=bludog]If she thought that I was even thinking of going down that Dark path again I think she would be on me in a New York Minute whacking me over the head with her Ethereal cane.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]Damn straight on that one, blu.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 12:52 am

I just wanted to say how sad i am about the death of Auntie M. She was a wonderful lady who cared deeply about others. I will miss her.

Love to all of her family and friends.

Brooke (username used to be Brookie)

• December 11, 2006 at 6:08 am

I have not been able to visit here for many months and when I did this morning I see the terrible news about Marge. I’m in shock, can’t believe it. My heart goes out to Jessica and family and also to Donna.
      Marge was a wonderful friend to me, she helped me so much many years ago. We had our daughters expecting at the same time so many e-mails were past back and fro to exchange all the latest news.

She will never be forgotten and will always have a special place in my heart.

God Bless Marge

Suzy

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 12:13 pm

Dear Friends:

I have been away for far too long and I apologize for being so late in responding to this devastating news. Marguerite was a very strong woman who would really fight for what she believed in. That is something I admire and respect about her. I wish her well in her further journeys.

Lee

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 1:49 pm

[B][SIZE=”5″]M- More then A friend, A Sister
      A- Always There
      R- Relentless
      G- Guiding
      U- Unwavering and Unforgettable
      E- Everlasting Friendship
      R- Responsible
      I- Insatiable For Knowledge
      T- Til The End
      E- Ever True Friend, A Sister[/SIZE][/B]

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 10:52 pm

The empty space left from the loss of such a grand person can never be filled.

They say a person doesn’t truly die until they are forgotten. Well that means Marge will live on forever in the memories of her family, friends, and the people she helped on these forums.

Her zest for life could not be hidden and was contagious! Her adventures, past and planned, will make people smile for a lifetime.

Marge was a fierce friend and advocate. She never backed down from a confrontation but was strong enough to admit when she was wrong (which wasn’t very often!).

She is going to be truly missed by all who knew her and those who knew of her.

Angela

PS..Brandy, I am so sorry for your loss. Don’t lose faith or your way. I know they are still by your side and will be there to support you.

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 11:18 pm

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Very Sorry to hear of this Brandy just know you are in my thoughts. Death is something I just have trouble dealing with, my wife died in 2000 from complications of GBS, someway or another the Drs were able to bring her back. I do have a cousin that is dying from Hodgkins Lymphoma he only has maybe a few months left to live. His family has been trying to make his last days as enjoyable to him as they can. One thing they & the ky dept of fish & wildlife did do was to set up an elk hunt for him. This was one thing he had always wanted do, as he was an avid sportsman before he got sick. This turned out to be a success as he got a huge elk, to the best of my knowledge I think he’s only in his 30s.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 5:30 pm

There are no words that can express how deeply saddened I am by this news. You were, and always will be my hero. I love you Marge. I will truly miss you. God bless! xoxoxoxo Roxie

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2006 at 1:04 pm

I have been away from the forums for a while and just saw this post. It is almost too hard for me to believe. I have only been part of this family for a few months but she made everyone feel like they had been part of the family for years. I will remember her sense of humor and her strong mind set ๐Ÿ˜‰

My prayers are with her family and closest friends at this time.

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2006 at 3:08 pm

On behalf of Marge’s daughter Jessica, I am thanking everyone for their prayers and condolences.

I want to share a brief story of Marge’s humor the day before she passed.

We said our goodbyes with many tears and yes laughter. Marge told me that she and Frank would come back to haunt me whenever they could. God I miss her and her humor. I just know that the two of them are having fun.

Thank You Again from her Family and from me too.

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 12:26 am

Thank you for sharing that with us, Donna. I’m so glad you were able to say your goodbyes before Marge passed. I hope she and Frank do come back to visit you. That would be a neat feeling, I’m sure.

Love, Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 9:13 pm

So sorry to hear about Marge, many many prayers and condolences. Will be GREATLY missed but at least now her and Frank can be togeather again.

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2006 at 9:47 am

Dearest Friends,

As Lee, I have not been here in awhile….but have never forgotten all of you…..My heart is deeply sadden with the loss of such a dear friend, Marge was a wonderful person & fighter for what she believed in & stood for, a great sense of humor & a compassionate, trustworthy & wise dear friend.

She has definately left her mark in this world…….she has touched so many lives….Donna, as hard as it is for all of us, I know it is especially hard on you……you have been in my thoughts & prayers this holiday season, as many have said…..stay strong, Your Frank & Marge are your guardian angels……if you need anything, please you can call or e-mail me.

Marge is forever in our Hearts……Thank You Marge, for your friendship & all you have done for all of us here……You are sorely missed my friend.

Dawn~Lynn

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2007 at 5:25 pm

Bringing this post back up again for some who might not have seen it.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 11:53 am

Bringing back up again, because I know there are a few who haven’t been here for awhile and haven’t seen this thread.

I hope that I am not upsetting anyone by bringing it back up to the top again.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 12:36 pm

Reviewing Marge’s post gives me reason to say I am sorry I never had a chance to know her both on the forum and in person. You Brandy were indeed blessed to have her as a friend.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Funny thing… I was just thinking about her, really! She’s sending messages to us ๐Ÿ™‚ Sure do miss her!

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 1:53 am

Brandy,
      So sorry about Marge.She was one of the first to try to help guide me when I was first diagnosed.She always encouraged…I was so glad to find the site back up,but saddened to read about the loss of such a great lady.Take good care-you’ve been through way too much lately.

• February 3, 2007 at 4:26 am

Seeing the ole familar blue of the forums reminds me of KathyC and Auntie M. I still miss them both more than I ever thought I would.
      Out of habit, I began mailing her a card and then it hit me.
      I miss her.

Aunt B,
      I hope you are smiling still at life. Now you have 2 angels looking over you. Sending you a hug!

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2007 at 10:13 am

I’ve been awake for about half a cup of coffee.I’ve learned so much and so little about a person I never got to meet. I read every post and realized I was still in the hospital when Marge passed. It is obvious how many lives she touched and was able to add a little spark and smile with her stories and personal postings. These are the times when I feel like I realy missed out on some of the great things in life. When people are down and mad at the world for not being fair to them , if they had someone in their life to refrence like Marge I’m sure they could see some gratitude and understand the world in not singeling them out to be unfair. I don’t know if this post even makes sense but I’m thinking Marge knows what purpose she had and completed here in this forum. Seeing how she touched others is one of the reasons I keep coming in here. I need touched just like every one else. I have been “touched” several times since my GBS onset. There are 2 therapist that every time I think of them I get tears , just thinking about how passionate they are towards their goal. I’m sure Marge will be remembered …………….:)

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Hi Mary,

Thank You for the hugs, there are some days when I need them more.
      Some days I do smile very much when I think of Marge and Frank and all the fun we used to have. There were times when she would just call to talk to Frank and he would ask at the end of the conversation if she wanted to talk to me and she’d laugh and say no, she already knows what I’ve said and what I am thinking, that’s how close we were.

I do believe that she tried with all of her intelligence to spread the info about GBS/CIDP to anyone who needed the info. She was so funny, she would yell at the doctors and nurses in the hospital whenever she had to be there about how ignorant they were about GBS/CIDP. Then she would proceed to inform them how wrong they were in their knowledge of the illness.
      Even the physical and occupational therapists were not spared.

I wish that people knew the funny side of her, she was hysterical at times, that she have me laughing so hard the tears would be rolling down my face. I always tried to make her laugh too. She was a God-send to me after Frank’s passing and I thank God for her being in my life everyday.

I miss Donna Lee very much too, she was an inspiration to me many times over the past years. Donna Lee was writing a book about GBS and had asked me to contribute to the Caregiver chapter and now the book will not be published as it was never finished.

I have been blessed to have known everyone here and I have you all in my heart and thoughts everyday.

By the way, the kids are just so beautiful, thanks for the picture.

Love Ya Mary

Auntie B

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2007 at 7:17 pm

Sorry to hear of her passing. I don’t visit as much as I should.
      Robert

• February 7, 2007 at 10:41 am

Auntie M once told me about a time when she was hospitalized and grew bored. She wondered out of the hospital and down to the local tavern. She didn’t drink (except water) but needed to get out of the ‘damn depressing place’. After a good chat with the bar tender, she returned to the hospital.

That is sooooo her!:D

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 11:26 am

What a lovely and fun memory! Thank you for sharing it with us. I miss her, too. (I’m trying not to picture that hospital gown going down a NY street ๐Ÿ˜€ )

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 12:11 pm

Mary and Judi

She sure was funny. She’d always be looking for ways to escape the hospital. She would call me late at night and tell me to get my a__ to Manhatten and break her out of her room or bring her Italian food. She also used to call my son Danny and tell him to get my other son Jeff to help her escape. She figured that my sons are so big and muscular that no one would stop them from breaking Auntie M out of her room.

She set off alarms one day because she ripped her heart monitor off and escaped to the gift shop for candy. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ She mooned half of the hospital and Manhatten.:D

The stories are precious and hilarious. I have tons of them. Of course many of them can’t be posted.:D

• February 7, 2007 at 2:03 pm

I forgot when she ended up mooning everyone including the cute doctor or was he a pt?:D
      One of her favorite t-shirts read “Byte Me” with a pic of a computer on it. Not to many grannies sport those, LOL!:D ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 2:07 pm

It was the cute PT. Bet he’ll never forget Marge either.:D

She’s probably looking down on us right now and laughing, thinking how she made us laugh with her stories.:)