physioterapy

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 7:26 pm

I have read few about physioterapy here. I think is good.
      I´m doing quite well with it, this, suplements and neurotin are my formula for less pain and spascity in my arms and legs. The only thing never improves is extreme fatigue and weakness standing from a chair or climbing a stair.

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2008 at 9:57 am

pjthomasset,
      I don’t know if you have GBS/CIDP but which ever, don’t give up! I wasn’t able to climb stairs for about 11 months! (We have a colonial with just a half bath on the first floor) I took “bird baths” for months….anyway I kept working with PT and one day I could do a couple steps and kept right on going….what a triumph. The same goes for getting out of a chair. I finally learned how to get out of chairs with arms and made sure that was all I sat in for months but in the meantime I kept trying. My PT’s theory was if you don’t ask your body you will never get it. Again the first day of being able to get off the toilet without the assistance of bars was likened to my first steps. We celebrated. You will find that even a chair that is an inch lower can be much more difficult. My point is don’t give up! Keep at it, little by little.

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Hi,
      I also found physiotherapy – aimed at improving my balance – really helpful! The dreaded weakness/fatigue seems to be the most lingering symptom I have too!
      Good luck,
      Kazza