pain relief without drugs??

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 6:27 pm

Hello everybody,
      I am battling cidp now for about a year and i am wondering if anybody has any suggestions for fighting the pain and fatigue naturally without drugs. I have been on and off antidepressants (for both pain and depression) and i am not finding much relief for the pain. Its very frustrating. Im on IVIG once a month. Any suggestions?? steven

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 6:57 pm

I am probably not the right person to be replying to you, because my pain is veery minor.

Have you considered medicinal marijuana? People with MS, various types of cancer, and HIV-related conditions report reductions in pain and some mitigation of drug side effects. I personally have found small amounts useful in counteracting fatigue. Do a web search for “compassion club” to see if there is a medicinal marijuana organization in your area.

Have you considered hypnotherapy? I have found that with self-hypnosis (a rountine taught to me by a therapist) I can often reduce symptoms like pins and needles or other types of discomfort, at least for a short time. Like I said, my pain is far from severe, so I don’t know how effective this would be. Also keep in mind that self-hypnosis doesn’t work the same way for everyone, and that the field unfortunately has a few quacks in it who claims to be able to magically cure all sorts of ailments.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 7:56 pm

Sorry Steve can’t help you there I know pain medication like Neurontin/Gabapentin is good for pain from the electric shocks and zaps. Some medication is useful if taken appropriatly(sp?) continuously.
      I was told to take the pains pills on a regular basis even when I don’t feel the pain because once I stopped the pain will come back and it does. I feel if the pain relievers are there and a person does not abuse it take it.
      We got one life to live we have to make the most of it and hopefully pain free. There are different pain relievers that work for different people.

Hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Sue

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 9:36 pm

I was recently introduced to EFT. You might search for information on the technique and study it. It has helped many people with various maladies.
      Contact me if you want any more info.
      Pat