Oxygen Therapy

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2010 at 1:37 am

I have been in recovery since 1/11/2010. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with oxygen therapy during recovery. My neighbor is a Chiropractic Neurologist who has had success using a personal oxygen bar for patients with dementia and diabetic neuropathy. I’m the first GBS sufferer he has seen as a professional. I’m thinking of giving it a try. :confused:

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2010 at 11:30 am

What is a chiropractic neurologist? Do they have a chiropractic license or M.D. or both?

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Link below tells all about it. This is not an endorsement, only information about Chiropractic Neurologists.

[url]http://www.functionalrestoration.com/chiropractic_neurology.htm[/url]

• March 18, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I do know that alot of chiros and naturop. also use hyperbaric chambers. They use them for sports injuries too, it is supposed to aid in the healing. There was a girl on the forum a few years ago, I think she lived here but went back to Mexico because she could get hyperbaric chamber treatments there for a fraction of the cost. She did feel they benefited her. Try searching in the archives under hyperbaric chambers.

About the oxygen bar

• March 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I do know that alot of chiros and naturop. also use hyperbaric chambers. They use them for sports injuries too, it is supposed to aid in the healing. There was a girl on the forum a few years ago, I think she lived here but went back to Mexico because she could get hyperbaric chamber treatments there for a fraction of the cost. She did feel they benefited her. Try searching in the archives under hyperbaric chambers.

About the oxygen bar I really don’t know what I think. They really do have oxygen bars though. I do notice at the naturopath we go to he as oxygen type of stuff for sale everywhere, even in skin products. Who knows if insurance pays for it give it a try! Whats the harm in trying, I am up for anything that could help!

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I think I’ll try it. The device is a small machine you take home and breath from it. It increases the oxygen intake by 20%. This Dr. recommends I use it while exercising. About 20 mins. twice a day. May also help me get rid of this fog in my head. :confused:

• Anonymous
      March 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I would jump at the chance to use an oxygen bar or hyperbaric chamber. A former friend’s dad had gangrene in his feet and I suggested five grams of vitamin C. It brought him out of his stupor and stopped the progression of the diabetic neuropathy…yet I do not hear of doctors using this. When I moved to Florida, she stopped giving it to him, because she felt she was going against God’s will. Needless to say, the feet got worse and they had to amputate….and he died a year or so later…after several other amputations. A simple remedy that she refused to use…..God’s will. I even had her check with his doctor to make sure the “C” would not interfere with any of his other medications. It wouldn’t. But this same “Friend” dropped me as a friend when I got GBS…..she said she could’t help me at that time….uhhhhh welll when WOULD be a good time????
      Wouldn’t the oxygen bar be like exercising – an increase level of Oxygen – only you don’t wear out your sneakers or your knees???