Our travels…what has this group seen and experienced?

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 8:48 pm

How much of this earth has this group of friends traveled? Let’s list the interesting places we’ve visited, like we are listing where we are from. with norb on board, we may have the entire planet covered:D

Me?

Puerto Rico – twice. That’s it, besides the continental USA.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 7:16 am

Lets see…

Born in East Tennessee, USA, live in Virginia now

Visited Mexico, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, (stuck my foot in Namibia and Mozambique), Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, England, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

I’m done traveling now. :p

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 7:43 am

Linda H Born in Frankfurt, Germany! Father was in the US Army for 22 1/2 years! My childhood days were interesting growing up!

Have been to: Italy, France, Spain, twice in Germany, Mexico, Canada.
      Lived in Italy, France, Spain and Germany as an Army Brat. We took a vacation to Canada and Mexico.

US Travels: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, California and Florida.

Originally from North Carolina and now live in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 9:18 am

Born in Ohio and now live here.
      Lived in Hawaii,Texas and Georgia.
      Traveled to Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Tenn., Ky., West Virginia, Penn., Virginia, N.C., S.C.
      Old Mexico
      My favorite of these places are Hawaii, N.C.and S.C.
      Least favorite- Old Mexico.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Strictly Canadian Prairies (south, central, some north):
      Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta (Rocky Mtns.):cool:

I live vicariously through my music students and family and friends, who are always visiting interesting places, and bringing me souvenirs such as: a seashell from Cuba, a bunch of heather from Ireland, a chunk of gold ore from the Yukon, a Giant Sequoia pinecone from the USA, etc.;)

— Donna (definitely provincial):D

PS: Life has always been so busy, varied and interesting that I haven’t had much time for travel.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Perhaps it’s easier to picture the places we visited or where we lived outside America on 2 maps:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2936511288_4f523f0b66_o.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2935654697_7d9c9f3f97_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Perhaps it’s easier to picture the places we visited or where we lived on 2 maps:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2936511288_4f523f0b66_o.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2935654697_7d9c9f3f97_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Been to all of the lower 48, British Columbia, old Mexico, Panama, Spain, Egypt, Israel, Africa, Middle east, Italy, Germany and England mostly courtesy of the navy.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Lived in Maryland all my life
      Visited: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina & Tennessee

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 4:00 pm

I was born in Indonesia, but left there in diapers so that doesn’t count. Went back to Bali though a couple of years ago to surf. Really fun and really inexpensive.
      My travels to Mexico have been limited to Puerto Vallarta, Xtapa and Cabo. All of them were really fun. Don’t drink the water!
      While I was in the military I went to Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East. None of them were garden spots and none of them were fun.

On the other hand, I grew up in Hawaii and go back there pretty often.

Travel agent alert! If any of you are planning trips to Hawaii let me know and I’ll point out some cool, non-touristy spots for you.

Good thread! Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Canada—-British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan (born, raised and still living there), Manitoba (lived there as well), Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

USA—North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Idaho, Illinois, Nevada, Ohio, Indiana, Maine, Oklahoma, Texas, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, and in a month I will be in Arizona!

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Wow Norb! You really have done some awesome traveling! I hope to someday get on my feet again and travel the world. Was really fun as a child seeing the places we saw. Lived on Army bases but my dad and mom took us places and we did alot of site seeing!

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Julie you have been to some beautiful countrys. I have been to England 2 times and spent over a year in Tiawan. and 2 yrs in Nam. also travled in Mexico and most of the Bahamas. (Steve)

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2008 at 12:16 am

wow! thats all i can say! you folks have had some good times, havent ya! i hope i get to travel like that some day! like the idea of having friends bring souvenirs, too, like things found in nature. thats the best kind of gift they could give!

i think our first big vacation will be to hawaii. wasnt interesting to me until i married my hubby and inherited a brother in law over there. funny that he has a hawaiian accent, since he grew up in michigan. hes been there like 15 years though, thanks to the navy. he liked it so much that he just never came home.

hubby has distant relatives in a castle in ireland or scotland, cant remember which. so that is another musdo for us. not liek they know us or anything, but it will be interesting just to see it. i have to do the colonies, too, since that is where my family settled when they came from england. some of their graves are documented in the family tree. the first one was a very young carpenter who came on a ship called elizabeth and ann when the colonies were in their infancy. gotta go on that treasure hunt for sure!

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2008 at 6:42 am

have mainly travelled within Australia but have been to every state except northern territory (where Ayres Rock is of “the dingo took my baby” fame)

went to the US as an exchange student in 1990 (wash state) and went over the border into B.C. Went back again in 93 and did LA, Las Vegas, Utah, Montana (hence the name of my first born) into Canada (Alberta and BC) and back to Wash state to visit the family I lived with. Dont think i will travel overseas again except to go and see my BIL & SIL in New Zealand one day

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2008 at 6:02 am

Cool thread!!

I have lived mostly in New Zealand (Home of the ALL BLACKS. KIWI, and lots of Sheep, -and claim to fame for Lord of the Rings scenery) Have travelled to 99.99 % of N.Z towns, climbed all the mountains in the North Island, and visited most national parks in the South Island.

Lived in Honduras (Centro Americo) for a year – super fantastic,

Also enjoyed:
      England, Scotland, Belgium, Holland,France, Italy, Greece, Sweeden, Austria, Switzeland, Luxemburg, Germany, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Australia, Fiji, Rarotonga……..
      but always come back to NEW ZEALAND.

Once a Kiwi, always a Kiwi!

Next trip is hopefully in 2 years to BC and Edmonton area of Canada combined with Honduras again. Kids will be big enough to come then also.

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2008 at 10:43 pm

so many of you are so well-traveled! wow! doesnt it just make you want to start packing for the next vacation! im getting restless just reading this!

• October 22, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Jamie,

USA: Born in Borger, Texas; Visited all states except South Dakota
      Crossed the Artic Circle (Kuparuk Alaska) -39 degrees F; saw the Aurora Borealis; “thar be whales here!”; saw humpbacks breeching
      Hawaian Islands (Hawaii, Oahu, Molokai, Kauai, Maui)

Canada Provinces (Saskatchewan, Ontario, Alberta, BC)
      Beijing, Tangu (China)
      Perth, Darwin (Australia) 🙂 “very warm and inviting people”; saw the Southern Cross
      Jarkata (Indonesia)
      Singapore
      Amsterdam (Netherlands)
      Stanvanger (Norway)
      Cork (Ireland)
      Adberdeen (Scotland)
      London, Humberside (England)
      Dubrovnik (Croatia)
      Kushadeshi, (Turkey) (Ephesus)
      Mikonos, Rhodes, santorini (Greece)
      Rock of Gibralter
      Seville (Spain)
      Faro (Portugal)
      Veinice, Rome, Amalifi Coast, Naples (Italy)
      Caracas, Puerto La Cruse (Venesuela)
      Roatan (Honduras)
      Cancun, Cozumel (Mexico)
      Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands)
      [COLOR=”Red”][B]Oops forgot Hamburg Berlin (Germany) & (Austria)[/B][/COLOR]

Whew :confused: … Where to next??? (apologies for the spelling)

Gary

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2008 at 9:35 pm

whoowhee, gary! do you travel only for fun or was there volunteering and/or work involved? i dont recall seeing africa on your list – any plan for that in your future?

• October 22, 2008 at 11:51 pm

Jamie, my travels have been somewhat associated with business trips (Norway, UK, China, Alaska, Indonesia, Venesuela). I’ve been blessed by my vocation.

My pastor asked me to pray about going to Africa a little while back to help teach seminars. But I didn’t feel God was calling me to Africa. Now with this CIDP, I’m not sure it would be wise to consider it until it’s under better control. It’s still too early to tell how my treatment plan of PE alone is going to work. I’ve regained a [B]lot [/B]of muscular function so far:D , but I’m starting to have a feeling PE alone will not be the answer for me and I’m going to have to use IVIg as well.

I’m curious, why do you ask about Africa?

BTW … know that I’m praying for you … and thanks for sharing your story.

Gary

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 10:22 am

All states except Vermont, New Hamshire, Maine, North Dakota, & Hawaii (USA)
      Seoul, Osan, Youngsan (South Korea)
      Vancouver, Victoria, Calagary, Banff (Canada)
      Sydney, Adelaide (Australia)
      Munich and surrounding areas (Germany)
      Amsterdam and surrounding area (Netherlands)
      London, Pershore, Affpuddle, Dorset and parts between (England)
      Prague (Czechoslovakia – when I went there)
      Paris and surrounding areas (France)
      Clark Air Base (Phillippines)
      Lucerne (Switzerland)
      Vienna (Austria)
      Various Parts while driving through (Leichtenstein)
      Brussels (Belgium)
      Beijing, Changsha, Guangzhou, Hong Kong (China)

Next Fall:
      Venice, Rome, Florence, & Vernona (Italy)