Our Dear Friend Gene

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Hello GBS Family:

Phyllis has asked me to pass this message on to ALL of Gene’s family here on the forum.

Gene passed away Monday evening around 4:45 p.m. He had extreme pain the night before he passed so was taken to hospital. Thank goodness he wasn’t in pain too long. He was able to spend some special moments with Phyllis, relaxing in their lounges.

There is no funeral and the family visited a week or so ago in his better days and he was able to enjoy the family.

Phyllis has told me that Gene enjoyed volunteering at the “Heritage of The Americas Museum” and if anybody would like to remember Gene, they could send a donation in his name “Gene Aimone” to…………

[CENTER]Heritage of The Americas Museum
      12110 Cuyamaca College Drive West
      El Cajon, CA
      USA 92019[/CENTER]

I’m sorry to be the bearer of such sad news – Gene was one special man!

[CENTER]Take care, Be Well![/CENTER]

Hugs, Marion (Myrt)

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Thank you, Marion. It is comforting to know that Gene no longer suffers in this world. I will continue to remember Phyllis and the family in their sorrow ~ as well as our GBS/CIDP family in our sorrow.

In honor of Gene ~ “Take care, be well”

Hugs to everyone.

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2008 at 11:28 pm

[B]My Dear Myrt,

I know how you felt about Gene and I am sure this is a sad time for you. Thank You for passing Phyllis’s words on to us. Gene and I used to share stories about the town where we grew up in and the people we both knew and it was always wonderful strolling down memory lane with him. I will miss him greatly.

Prayers for this wonderful, caring, giving man who is home with the Lord now.

Rest in Peace Geno my dear friend.

[/B]

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2008 at 11:31 pm

[B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=purple]I am so sorry to hear of this I want to convey my deepest sympathy to Gene’s family. To Phyllis I can relate to the pain of losing your spouse & the total heartbreak that comes with it. I haven’t been on the forum much lately due to so much stress & grief with the loss of so many of my relatives. My cousin passed away last wk after a long battle with cancer, his brother passed away in April after battling Pancreatic cancer. This brings to a total of 8 of my relatives that have passed away since December 23. I still have so many days of upset, still trying to cope with the loss of Debra.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
      [B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
      [B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=#800080][I]Please Accept my Deepest Sympathy on the Loss of Gene ![/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2008 at 11:37 am

[b]In Loving Memory Of My N.J. Hometown Friend Gene.

If I Had A Star For Everytime You Made Me Smile, I’d Have A Whole Nights Sky In The Palms Of My Hands.[/b]

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Dearest Myrt:

Thank you for sharing the sad new with us all.

His suffering is over, may he rest peacefully in the arms of the Lord.

Take care – be well

Maureenboz

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2008 at 12:32 pm

OUR LIVES WERE BLESSED
      BY OUR FRIEND GENE,
      HE WOULD TELL US
      REST REST REST.
      HE’D GUIDE US TOWARD
      THE BEST DOCTOR TO SEE
      OH HOW THAT HELPED,
      YOU AND ME.
      HE’D ALWAYS SAY
      TAKE CARE BE WELL
      LISTEN QUIETLY AND YOU WILL HEAR,
      THE SOFT TOLL
      OF ANGELS BELL.

[IMG]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1853/dewdroprosemf6.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2008 at 1:29 pm

My condolences to all of Gene’s friends and family. He was a great man and became a true friend over the years here on the forum. I will miss him very much. “Take care, Be Well” my friend Gene.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2008 at 12:43 am

Gene will be sorely missed by all of us here on the forum, but I hope never forgotten. God bless you Gene, the angel’s gain is our loss. I will say a special prayer tonight for all of the forum members we have lost over the years…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2008 at 3:17 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/oldbat2ccats/Stairway-To-Heaven.gif[/IMG]

Till we meet again, Gene
      Take care, be well
      V[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      June 2, 2008 at 6:49 am

How kind of Gene’s family in their time of grief to think of Genes online family … i cant put it into words properly, but i feel as though i can wish Gene on his way properly now that I know he has passed rather than just speculating. It sounds like he maintained his dignity right to the end.
      The Angels will be well looked after now with Gene telling them to “take care be well”

• Anonymous
      June 2, 2008 at 5:31 pm

“Life is not measured by the number of moments we breathe, but rather by the number of breathless moments.” Life shortened unexpectedly leaves us all a bit breathless, but the memories Gene left behind gave us all hope and joy. May the memories he has created with his family and many friends guide them on their path to healing. To those here on the forum and to Gene’s family, God bless.

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 5:42 pm

I am grateful too that we do now know where Gene is… always in our hearts. It surprises me how the tears just come when I think of him – someone I have only met in cyberspace… The tears are not totally of sadness, but also of joy and relief.

Take Care, Be Well Everyone

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 12:21 am

I suppose we can’t ask for more than that we be remembered fondly.
      Gene is.

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 11:01 am

Family and friends of Gene,

His advice still resounds in my ears and instantly comes to the forefront of my mind when I attempt to do to much~~~~~rest, rest, rest.

Thanks Gene, and as the others have said; take care, be well.

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 11:33 am

Dear Myrt,
      When you speak to Genes family
      please let them know what I’m sure
      they already know, that we all appreciated
      Genes knoweledge, strength & kindness.
      He will be sorely missed and forever in our
      hearts for he helped so many of us answering
      questions when doctors looked at us like we
      were crazy. Last but not least tell them that
      this forum insists that they “Take Care and
      Be Well” our thoughts are with them now.

lovingly,

Joyce

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Gene always encouraged and gave me hope.
      I want the family to know that you are in my prayers daily.
      I pray that God will give you the strength and comfort for the days ahead. Gene was a wonderful man and influenced many people.
      I know your in heaven looking down on us.
      Your influence will last a lifetime for so many.
      You were a fighter and didn’t give up.
      Thak you for all you have done. 🙂