Other Related Problems

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Hi,
      I had GBS in May 2005. My Neurologist has since delcared my cured. Since Christmas of this past year and into this year I have had a kidney infection and 2 urinary tract infections. I’ve had a UTI in the past and it was very painful. These past three events presented with no internal pain, only extreme vomiting and dehydration:confused. How are you supposed to know what’s going on inside the body when you can’t feel a kidney infection?

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2011 at 9:36 pm

hi there, tigurr! Just a quick question. Why can’t you feel pain (infection)? Meds related or due to damage from GBS? A.

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm

My mom has had on/off bladder infection and probably uti infection every couple of weeks for nearly a year now. She doesn’t feel burning or pain either. She wears a diaper, and because I change her, sometimes I can tell by the smell or color. Most obvious is when I see pink.

We have to send in urine samples often because even doctors can’t tell with the naked eye. Is the urine cloudy due to white blood cells or something else? Is the urine red because of blood or iron supplements? With research I’ve found that having kidney infection would mean blood in the urine but at such a low scale that the urine would not even look pink.

Sorry I can’t give you a solid answer. You should ask your doctor. I think there are strips you can urinate on by Ezo or Azo that might help you figure out uti.good luck!