One of the chosen

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2006 at 10:50 am

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself.

I am Dan, a 50 yr old male in Portland Or.
      I’m married to a beautiful wife of 5+ years. We each have 2 grown children and a combined effort of 6 wonderful grandchildren. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was diagnosed with CIDP in mid November. I began losing strength in mid August (I thought my back was out of whack) so I went to a Chiropractor. I went from a Chiropractor to a GP and then to a Neurologist in a matter of 20 days. That has to be a record for something. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Went in for an MRI on the 13th of Nov and began treatments on the 20th. They really took my condition seriously and acted as quickly as could be asked.

I’m being treated with 1 gram of Solumedrol. They gave me 1 gr a day treatments for 3 days. Now I’m on 1 per week for 4 weeks. Then every other week for 8 weeks. We’ll see from there…. It’s all so new.

My response so far has been good. I am able to work and am regaining my motor. My hands get tired but I’ve been able to keyboard pretty well. My legs have been greatly effected also but I’m walking (with a cane if my wife makes me ๐Ÿ™‚ )

This may seem really strange but I believe that I am truly blessed. I have a great hope for my future and the growth that I will experience from this. We experience miracles everyday in our lives…. most of them are the simple movements that we have long taken forgranted and the strength that we’re given to endure.

James say it this way: Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. James 5:10-11 NIV

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great group of folks who are being TRUSTED with this “great responsibility.”

May the Lord bless you and make you well.

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2006 at 2:19 pm

Dan, welcome to the family and glad that you found us. It sounds like they have found a treatment plan that is working well for you which is wonderful. Hope to get to know you better. Make yourself at home ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2006 at 11:06 am

Dan,

I totally agree with you. Although I am frustrated at times, God has sent so many people in my life to be a blessing. When I was really sick, friends came and supplied needs, supported my wife, helped out with my sons and were just good friends! I also found out what a great blessing my insurance is now- something I used to view as a okay thing to have- but not needed. Boy do I need it now!

In addition to this, I have been able to help others that have come down with GBS in my area. This has been a bigger encouragement for me than the families I’ve helped.

Keep the great attitude. I pray for your meds to continue to do well!

Dennis

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 9:29 pm

“I pray for your meds to continue to do well!”

thank you… they are stablizing me.
      I’m convinced that it is prayer that gets us through as well….
      Thanks for the warm welcome. Even though I’ve been here a short time, I have found a wealth of information and encouragement here…

Thanks to all