One Good Thing – – –

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I am so excited! 🙂 Yesterday my cane and I went on an outing. We walked to the truck (over gravel) and then I [U]drove[/U] to the bank, Walgreens and actually got out and went into Wal Mart. They have those motor cars so I was able to drive to the potting soil display and talk someone into putting it in my basket. After a C S person took it to the truck for me I drove home. This is the first time I have driven since May 4, 2009 and it felt wonderful! It didn’t feel like baby steps, it felt like great big wonderful leaps and bounds.

I think it is time we share some really happy thoughts. Think about one thing last week that was a “good thing”, and share it with the rest of us. I love how we support each other through the tough times, but I get so much hope through the happy thoughts sharing.

Blessings to you all

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2010 at 11:56 pm

You can do it! BRAVO!!
      Isn’t freedom great?
      HUGS!

• May 23, 2010 at 11:57 pm

OH boy! That’s a wonderful story and there will be more good things to come I”m sure.

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm

either baby steps or giant steps a step is a step. Congratulations to you and your cane. I remember my celebration when I and my cane went out for the first time.
      Harry and his cane

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Congratulation! Thanks for sharing. May God hold you in His hands and guide you.

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Congrats! They are giant leaps! Keep up the great work! Welcome back to independence & the Great Outdoors!Love & hugs, smitty

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2010 at 11:18 pm

True Story…
      My Mother took me to Sears about two months out of the hospital. I had my cane and ugly orthopedic shoes. I looked emaciated but had a bump from being 8 months pregnant. I was not a pretty sight. As I hobbled about, I got a lot of stares. Two women asked my mother, “what happened?” Without missing a beat, my Mother replied, “skiing accident.” The stunned looks on their faces was priceless.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2010 at 10:58 am

Boomerbabe, thank you for the laugh out loud! That was priceless. I would have loved to see the look on those people’s faces 🙂

Cathie, awesome news!! Keep up the good work. We are all pulling for you.

• May 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Yea Cathie!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing happy things. We all need encouragement and celebrations.

May God continue to heal you and give you strength and encouragement.

Gary