One good thing about CIDP

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I broke my foot again but I haven’t felt a thing because of the neuropathy and because of my AFOs I don’t need to do a thing about it as they function as a cast would. LOL ๐Ÿ˜€

This poor foot… this is the third time. I heard the snap and knew I’d done it again. Sigh. OK I can’t see that well so there is some excuse but still…

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Hi Julie,
      Your poor dear. Just think though – you will have to rest more now, so your CIDP will probably thank you!
      Take care,
      Kazza

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2009 at 10:21 pm

You’re one up on me Julie. I broke my foot two times, same one, same place. My feet would just all of a sudden turn sideways. I live in LLBean ankle high boots and same as you, they worked like a cast for the second break.

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 2:52 am

Julie,
      I can relate to that. When I broke my leg a few years ago, I remember looking at it thinking that it look like it was at a rather odd angle. I really didn’t think too much about it at first because it was 3:30 in the morning and it didn’t hurt. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and fell. Carolyn was off with the kids on a trip so it was just the me and the dogs. Did you ever try and explain to two dogs while you are lying on the bathroom floor that you want them to dial 911 not lick your face? It was a very interesting night, but thanks to good old CIDP I didn’t feel a thing.

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 11:47 am

The first time I broke that foot was from tripping over the dogs; the second time from twisting my foot and falling; and this time from not seeing what was right in front of me and banging into a heavy chair. I am not in pain though and Kazza I’m not even really taking it easy. I’ve got the AFOs on and I’ve been up and down the stairs twice already trying to catch up on laundry. But I’ve been icing it down too – another use for those freezer packs that come with the IVIg. I drape them over various things to get them shaped right. I’m quitting now though, I think my need to get things done is less than my need to heal properly by now so I’m heading down for a nap. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and Jim – the dogs were ever so helpful in getting me onto the floor I didn’t want to burden them with attempting to get me back up again, much less dialing 911. Not to mention I could hardly breathe as all three of them were drowning me in saliva… :p

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Julie,

Keep your feet up, rest and heal.

At least CIDP doesn’t affect the bone healing rate.

Take care

Dick S

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Julie,

I must admit you’re truly looking on the bright side. Your ability to turn every negative into a positive is very encouraging!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I wish you a speedy recovery!!

Take care

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Hi Julie,
      We have three cats.
      Whenever I run into a downturn with my health, be it a fall, or sick from the chemo, or sick/extreme fatigue from the CIDP, one of my cats stays by my side constantly, and licks me constantly like a mother cat taking care of her young. They seem to know when something is wrong.
      Luckily, I have taught all three cats how to dial 911 and meow them for an ambulance…
      KEDASO
      (Ken)

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Hey Julie,

I broke my hand and thumb from a fall last week and needed to be talked into going to the ER for an x=ray…I was prett sure things were broken, but it hardly hurt.

I broke three bones in the same hand 7 yrs ago and it hurt for horrible for weeks.

The only problem I had this time from planting myself into the earth was a really bad seizure aura. I decided to treat that with meds so I wouldn’t end up spending a couple days in the hospital being observed if I blacked out seizing.

After I woke up from a seizure med nap, I let a friend talk me into an x-ray.

Two days after the fall, my whole body had a beaten fatigue feeling, that my chiro helped with, but otherwise my hand stays fine, yet weak in a splint.

I vaccummed, washed floors and made dinner, and then had a cidp weak spell where I couldn’t sit up.

I guess we both need to be more careful and heal well!

• April 7, 2009 at 10:29 am

Hey Julie, sorry to hear about the foot. I miss our golden retriever Princess still. She was such a sweet loving gentle joyful playful girl. However, tennis balls were not safe around her.

I was intrigued about the “one good thing about CIDP” title of this post (I had not discovered [COLOR=”Purple”][B][U]anything[/U][/B][/COLOR] “good” about CIDP yet). Your sense of humor is encouraging to me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I guess if one painless broken foot is good, two painless broken foots is gooder? You don’t want to go there…take care of that foot and take it easy until you heal. :rolleyes:

Gary

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2009 at 11:16 pm

[SIZE=”4″]OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Feel better soon.[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Julie,
      As I have always said, YOU ARE A SUCH A [SIZE=5][COLOR=magenta]TRIP!!!! [SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Keep on keepin on. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
      xoxo
      L