Ohio National Guard Unit Activated for Hurricane Relief

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that my daughter was contacted around 4 this afternoon by her commander and told they would be activated tomorrow morning at 7 for Hurricane Relief. She doesn’t know where she is going or for how long but I will be taking her to Coshocton to depart. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

Thanks everyone.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Wonder is Hurricane Hana is getting ready to do something funky on the East Coast now! Seems in Louisiania that damage was done but not major like before. So I wonder if your daughter is getting ready for Hana to roll in! Were watching that one!

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Sherry, will keep all the troops in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Geez..havn’t even heard of Hana..who knows when alyssa will be home. I’m very proud of her.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Sherry,

Its got to be tough seeing he go off like that. I am sure she is trained well and will be doing her thing to help those affected. Yes, I would be VERY proud of that. We’ll keep her in our thougts and prayer’s as well.

• September 1, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Thanking your family, you and most of all your daughter for her bravery. There is another one in Africa churning right after Hanah, not sure if it is named yet. Sept 10th is the height of hurricane season I think. Good luck to your daughter and to all of our brave young women all over the world.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2008 at 3:53 am

That one…… (in Africa)….. is “Ike”

P

• September 2, 2008 at 8:17 am

Sorry, men and women, I forgot our men in the post above!!!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2008 at 10:02 am

Sherry, Cudos and prayers for your daughter!

Oklahoma Guard was activated also. But I do not personally know anyone. Also, we got a couple thousand evacues here in OKC. We are supposed to get rain from Gustav tonight. Yes, then Hannah and Ike… what a season!

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Yeap! They are giving us warning to be prepared for Hana to come rolling in. Right now they are saying a possible catagory 1 but we won’t know until it get’s closer! They have even called the National Guard here too but on stand by. Not working here yet unless they are needed!

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2008 at 8:37 pm

Hi guys,
      Just wanted to let you know this. My kids are 22 and 18. My daughter joined the National Guard a year ago and was not allowed to take the flu shot, flu mist, or donate blood, the army wouldn’t let her because I have GBS. Today her unit got activated and her commander told her that if they won’t allow her to have the shots tomorrow that she needs (not sure what those are yet), then she will not be allowed to deploy with the unit which could then result in a medical discharge. I am really surprised that this is happening..anyone else know of this.

GBS 2003
      IVIG