Off work for two weeks and feeling much better

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2010 at 8:45 am

This coming Tuesday, it will be two weeks since I left full time employment and started short term disability. While working 9 to 10 hours per day 6 to 7 days a week, I was feeling like crap. Always tired, getting lots of stabbing pains, increasing numbness in my hands and feet, hand tremors and occasional drooling. Basically I was working and resting and sleeping. Depression was also beginning to become a factor. My doctor ordered that I work no more then a 40 hour week and my employer did not want to honor these restriction ( I must say that my empolyer has been very good to me) but they wanted me full time or not at all.
      Since be off of work, I am feeling much better. I am doing chores around the house, trying to exercise daily and getting lots of rest.
      This week it will be a year the I first started getting symptoms of numbness and weakness. I have spent most of the past year trying to get back to full time employment (Health insurance is a major concern) I have pushed myself more then I should have and may have caused the healing process to be delayed.
      I am starting now to do what I feel is best for me, not what is best for me getting back to work. I have very little memories of last Christmas. This year I want to soak in family, soak in the spirit of goodwill, and enjoy life.
      No matter what your belief may be I wish you all goodwill, and thank you all for your support, advice and for caring. If I ever can help any of you in any way please let me know. We are family.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I’m happy to hear time off work has made a big difference. It’s amazing what can occur when we’re “allowed” to take things at a not so hectic pace.

Best wishes to you and yours. 🙂

Take care,

Tina