Not my daughter too !!!

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 7:25 am

My good friends this is the first time in the five years of CIDP that I have felt the need to share my personal problems. As my older friends may recall I had Rituxan infusions three years ago to enable me to walk my daughter Jane down the aisle. I am now wheel chair bound with paralysed legs and hands.
      She is now 21 weeks pregnant with her second child and for ten days has had right leg weakness, both legs burning, hypotension, developing right foot skin mottling, unsteady gait, fatigue, short term memory reduction and now pins and needles in all her fingers.
      Her GP was on the ball, she was seen by a neurological registrar the next day who told her she was at the mild end of the demyelinating spectrum and has arranged the usual investigations with the agreement of the consultant neurologist.
      This is horribly familiar as the onset of CIDP. When the time is right I shall ask her to log onto the foundation. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 8:35 am

I am so so sorry for ya’ll. Life is not far sometimes. I will keep her in our prayers. When we say our prayers with the kids at night, I try to remember all my friends on the forum and everyone will diseases.

I wish ya’ll the best of luck.

Lori

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 9:08 am

Dear Doc David,

You through all your challenges and problems have been a great inspiration to so many of us. My prayers even through all the pains and tears for you and your daughter are sent toward heaven. May each of us be of support to you in a small way as you have been such a great support to each of us.

God bless and keep you and your family.

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 9:19 am

Dear DocDavid,
      I am so sorry. I shall pray that your daughter’s early intervention helps and that she’ll be coaching soccer for those kids.

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 9:19 am

Dear Doc David,

This comes as such a shock. I have no words adequate to express my sadness to hear of your news. I will pray that a cure is found.

Best wishes that your daughter’s treatments will put a swift halt to her condition.

cd

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 9:29 am

Dear Doc David: My daughter is pregnant as well and I can only imagine, as a father, what you are going through. Much easier to deal with it ourselves than to watch our kids get it, so my prayers are with you. Jeff

• April 21, 2007 at 9:33 am

Dear Doc David. I am truly sorry for your family. You are a very educated man, and I know your daughter will have a great fighting chance to get this under control quickly. I will pray for all of you! Dawn, Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 9:38 am

I’m very sorry to read this. I don’t even know how to express how saddend I am for you & your family.

I hope that your daughter gets some answer soon.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 10:37 am

David,
      Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers, just watch this prayer chain grow. When she is able to join our family here, we do have members who can assure her the expected baby will be fine. God watch over you and your family, you had this on your mind and you were caring enough to answer an email I sent you.

[IMG]http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/637/prayercandlepc8.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 11:00 am

Doc David,

I am sorry to hear this, you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 11:33 am

Dear DocDavid ~ I am so sorry! Thank you for sharing with “The Family” so that we may uphold Jane and her precious babe in our prayers, as we do you. Can you feel the hugs flying across the pond?! 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 12:09 pm

My Dearest David,

We’ve been down this long journey together for a few years now and as a parent I feel your biggest fears for Jane. I will keep her in my prayers for as long as it takes to see her well again.

You are always in my thoughts when I don’t hear from you for long periods of time and I pray for you also.

Praying for many Blessings for you and Jane and your family.

Love
      Double Brandy

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Oh David, I just read your post about your daughter’s problem and my heart is heavy with the news. As a parent myself, I know it can be harder to see our children go through problems that to have problems ourselves.

I do hope that your daughter will recover quickly. She will certainly be getting excellent and timely medical care. Those things and a fast diagnosis are all in her favor. Perhaps she has GBS and not CIDP, so her recovery can be permanent. I’m sure you have read on the forums that many of our pregnant moms have delivered babies safely and gone on to care for them too.

You’ve had such a difficult time with your own health, and handled things so bravely that you’ve inspired myself and so many others here. I’m sure you are and will continue to be an inspiration to Jane as well. When she’s ready, you know we will support her here in any way we can too.

My prayers are with you both. Please let us know how she’s doing whenever you have more news.

Best wishes always,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      April 21, 2007 at 11:59 pm

DocDavid, I am sorry to hear the news about Jane, and about yourself. You are the pillar of strength to many of us, and always will be. You and Jane are in my Thoughts and Prayers. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 9:12 am

Doc David,
      We go back a long way, it is hard to put into words just how much you helped me way back when I was at my worst. I certainly appreciated all of the personal emails.
      My daughter is also pregnant (a week overdue today), & I can’t even begin to imagine what you must be feeling. At worst let’s hope this is a mild case of GBS that will be cured. At best something pregnancy related. My prayers are for the latter…

God bless you & your daughter at this terrible time.
      Pam

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 11:13 am

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I will dare to suggest that she should also be checked for thyroid problems as well, since the exact same symptoms (for me at least) are related to Hashimoto’s disease/hypothyroidism with a TSH at the top of the normal range and of the chart TPO antibodies. This often appears during pregnancy and is an autoimmune disease as well as you probably know.

Hope all goes well with your daughter!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 11:14 am

Doc David. I am so sorry to hear about Jane. As if you havn’t been through enough for any one family. Can you tell me if this will effect the baby and are treatment options restricted because of the pregnancy?

Your friend, Jim

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Hi Doc David – Please give our best to your daughter – it’s stressful enough to be pregnant (hormones going wild) and I can’t imagine how much more stressful this news is. As everyone has said, I look forward to your posts and I know, although it is harder when your child is involved, your knowledge and experiences will be of great comfort to her. Your family will be in our prayers. Good luck and good health!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 7:45 pm

I’m joining the prayer chain too. I wish for all three of you, mum,
      unborn baby, and grandpa all the blessings for a quick recovery.
      My song for you today is (What a Friend we have in…). Stay blessed.

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 7:52 am

DocDavid, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family deserve so much better. I’ll be thinking of you and your daughter.

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 8:29 am

DocDavid, So very sorry to hear about your daughter. My heart goes out to you and your family. I do wish you and Jane my best. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you all.

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 9:36 am

Hey DocDavid ~ do you have any news about Jane that you can share?? You are all still in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 10:43 am

Dear Doc David:

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. You may not recall, but my daughter, Heather, developed GBS two years ago while in collage. She was diagnosed immediately and received IVIG within the first hour or two after noticing very minor symptoms. Fortunately, she now has no residuals, not even fatigue. GBS can be nothing more than a minor annoyance if caught soon enough.

You and your daughter are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lee

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2007 at 10:55 am

It is so much easier to deal with our own struggles than to watch our
      children struggle.
      My daughter is also pregnant, I can’t even imagine the stress you are
      dealing with.
      My prayer for healing is included in those of this forum as we all storm
      the heavens for Jane.
      Trust in the goodness of God, and all will be well.
      Blessings
      Maureen Boz

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2007 at 5:54 pm

DocDavid,

Sending you and your daughter lots of prayers for healing. Please keep us updated.

• April 30, 2007 at 12:46 pm

David, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news. My heart goes out to Jane and all the family.
      I have sent you a private message, hope it helps.

Much love
      Suzy
      Bournemouth

• Anonymous
      April 30, 2007 at 5:06 pm

[COLOR=”DarkRed”][SIZE=”4″][FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Dear Doc David:

I don’t come on here often, but heard through a dear friend that your daughter Jane, may have GBS. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I wish all the best for Jane and to be well.

Hugs, Myrt[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      April 30, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Sending best wishes and prayers that your daughter will be well very soon!!

Leanne

• Anonymous
      May 1, 2007 at 11:52 am

and you have truly been an inspiration to me. I believe many others as well. This kind of thing isn’t fair, but it seems to happen. I just hope that all the best care and caregivers are there for you and your daughter and her baby. Know that I am with you with what spare heart and strength I have.

Take special care, all of you.

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2007 at 1:58 pm

Dear DocDavid, what a shock that must have been when you first found out. I still see that photo in my mind of you with your cane walking Jane down the aisle after your Rituxan treatment. My heart goes out to you, Jane and your entire family.

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2007 at 9:21 pm

I’m so sorry to hear the news. I want you to know that you are in my prayers. God bless you & your family. Sincerely, Steph

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2007 at 3:58 am

My good friends thank you for all our kind support and prayers. As yet in spite of four limb paraesthesiae, left leg weakness and ataxia with loss of position sense and recent loss off vibration sense with hypo-reflexia she has been given a neurologists diagnosis of ‘virus infection’ that well known trash can. She has asked me not to post any more about her for the time being. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2007 at 10:32 am

Thank you, Doc! Just know that my prayers will continue to be with all of you. Many hugs to all.