News article

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 7:21 am
    • Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 8:30 am

I wonder where they get their ten in a million estimate from??

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 8:38 am

Intersting how much variance there is in these reports. Thanks Sue.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2006 at 5:59 pm

I’m bringing this post back up because I read the article and found out something about the flu shot and GBS that I didn’t know before.

According to this article, it can take as long as 2 months for GBS to show up when you get it from the shot!

I’m wondering if there is a test to tell for sure if an individual got GBS from the shot, or is it just conjecture. Does anyone here know how they tell?

I’m very interested because I dismissed the flu shot as the cause of my own GBS, since I got the flu shot Nov.15, 2002 and got GBS Dec. 31, 2002. Because of the length of time between the two events, I didn’t think they were connected.

Now I’m wondering… I have never had an answer to what caused my case of GBS. Could it have been the flu shot?

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2006 at 10:30 pm

SuzyQ

I have been thinking about this since you posted ….. not quite knowing how to answer, I honestly think it may very well be. I will send you an email tomorrow afternoon, just so tired now and am teaching pre-schoolas a ‘stand-in’ tomorrow – honestly dont know how I will manage that :confused: