New Website Changes Coming Soon

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2011 at 9:37 am

[LEFT][COLOR=#404040]We are always looking for ways to better serve you and all the members within our GBS-CIDP community. With this in mind, we are excited to let everyone know that our new website will be launching soon. In order to create a more robust site that gives our users an enhanced experience, we chose to move to a new platform. By doing so, we will eventually need to move over to a new forum tool. But don’t worry; you can still access everything here for now. We are linking the existing forums to the new site until we can work with everyone to get transitioned over. Again, the existing forums will be easily accessible from the new site, so there’s no need to worry. We will post more information with any specific instructions prior to the new site launch in about 2 weeks. We look forward to hearing what you think once the new site is up and running. Until then, let us know if you have any questions. [/COLOR][/LEFT]

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Sounds wonderful. I am very excited about the whole project and looking forward to the launch!

Phil Kinnicutt
      Board President

• June 19, 2012 at 1:37 am

very excited for the new site 🙂 will the private messaging and search features be on the new site? I really miss these two features and hope they will be on it.

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I agree. The new site has been up for awhile now. Please fix the site!

• GH
      July 2, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Private messaging was present previously only because it was a part of the third-party software used to implement the forum. Every site which uses that particular software package has private messaging, whether they have any need or desire for it or not. In my opinion, such a feature is appropriate only for a social networking site, which this is not. The purpose of this site is to publish information pertaining to GBS and CIDP which is freely available to all. I do not expect the Foundation to expend any of its limited resources implementing social networking systems which are available elsewhere.

• July 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hi GH, I agree with your comment about this NOT being a social networking site as well as the foundation NOT wasting resources on such programs. But honestly, the PM feature allows people to comfortably discuss in a private manner subjects that they may feel are “private” . I know I enjoyed the feature to discuss things with people that others might feel sensitive about etc. For instance, my older son is going into college and I wanted to ask a particular person their opinion about vaccines but I was afraid to upset you knowing your stance on vaccines. Things are starting to SLOWLY get back to normal and keeping touchy subjects private might help to keep things moving forward. Incidentally we did get the vaccine, I weighed the pro’s and cons. It was the DTP and being that my son is going into mechanical engineering there was an increased probability that he would cut himself as well herd protection for diptheria and pertusis may not be that strong because of foreign students. (pertusis outbreak was high in the particular county of this school) I have to admit I am still praying and watching for reactions I am hoping that the law of averages would not allow two children to get cidp!!

• GH
      July 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm

That’s a good point, DK’s mom, and I hope people who feel a need for private communication find the means to have it.

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The search function was of great usefulness.

• GH
      July 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Haynes: I agree. I think the administrator is aware of that problem. Another thing missing is the archive of newsletters, which contained many helpful articles.

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2012 at 11:23 pm

The administrators have been aware since the first day the new forum went live

• January 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Never had an experience of watching the old version. Is there someone who can upload a screenshot of the old version so I can make the comparison 🙂