new top this site. but i luv it!

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Hi im Cristina,Living with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
      This section is a place to share stories about Living with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.So here i go….

im 27, i was diagnosed with gbs on august 23 2001. it came as just a flu, then it got so worse that i had to go into the ER. when i arrived at the ER at 1:20am, the nurses told me to take tylenol or motrin, they were thinkin i just had a flu so they told me to go on home and take over the counter medicine. so i did feeling so terrible i knew something was wrong with me and i knew it wasnt just a flu.

so at 3:30 i went back to the ER. they took my infomation down. as i waited so sickly, they called me in and as i walked slowely toward the nurses i collapesed in front of them. and i couldnt get back up. i was so numb in my legs and waist. they rushed me in and thats were it all began. my journey of GBS. It didnt got up to my chest, it was just waist down. they caught it early. but i was paralized waist down for 3 months.physical thereapy for 2 months. took yrs to recover some what. but at this time still not 100% but going strong…. Right now at this time i am walking very good. i still have pain in my legs and i have nerve damage from this. I get alot of muscle spasms in my legs.. and back aches. but im making it day by day. and to mention i have 2 beautiful babies. Noah is 3 and Nevaeh is 6 months.They keep me busy…lol im very blessed!

i wanted to share this story to whoever wants to read it. i hope i can reach someone who is dealing with this disease at this time and i want to encourage them that you will get through this. and be positive that you will walk and talk again. This disease take time.:)

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2008 at 12:05 pm

so happy to hear that you are improving, even if it is slowly! be those babies keep you b busy! they are a blessing, arent they! if put money on it that when you are in a dark moment, they miraculously appear with a huge smile, hugs and kisses! i cried many tears of joy with mine during those moments. when i was crying for some other reason, like being sick, then when they’ll showed up smiling at just the perfect moment, my sad tears became happy tears. you know, those i-love-you-so-much and you-are-so-perfect tears! good luck and keep up the hard work!
      jamie