new to this site.

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Hello my name is christina, im 27, i was diagnosed with gbs on august 23 2001. it came as just a flu, then it got so worse that i had to go into the ER. when i arrived at the ER at 1:20am, the nurses told me to take tylenol or motrin, they were thinkin i just had a flu so they told me to go on home and take over the counter medicine. so i did feeling so terrible i knew something was wrong with me and i knew it wasnt just a flu.

so at 3:30 i went back to the ER. they took my infomation down. as i waited so sickly, they called me in and as i walked slowely toward the nurses i collapesed in front of them. and i couldnt get back up. i was so numb in my legs and waist. they rushed me in and thats were it all began. my journey of GBS. It didnt got up to my chest, it was just waist down. they caught it early. but i was paralized waist down for 2 months. Right now at this time i am walking good.Still cant run. i go to thereapy but my muscles seem not to get strong though. i still have pain in my legs and i have nerve damage from this.And numbness in my feet (toes) I get alot of muscle spasms in my legs. But i fell ok other than that.

i wanted to share this story to whoever wants to read it. i hope i can reach someone who is dealing with this disease at this time and i want to encourage them that you will get through this. and be positive that you will walk and talk again. It will Be OK.:)

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Welcome to our family. I am so glad to hear that you are doing very well. We are all very supportive of each other and you can ask anything you want here. We appreciate your story and hope you will continue to contribute to the chats.

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Hi Cah… Welcome to The Family! Hope to get to know you better. Feel free to ask any questions or just vent when you need to.:)

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 4:40 pm

HI Christina, Welcome to the forums. I look forward to getting to know you!

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Hello to everyone who replied, thankyou, i feel that i can talk about anything to you. i appreciate it alot. and it helps me cope with this disease. i still have trouble but it doesnt get me down, my children keep me busy and i try to get rest when i can. i have lots of help. Thankyou again and i will keep in touch. im online pretty much everyday when i get a chance to get on the computer.:) But thanks again!

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 6:43 pm

HI Christina, welcome to the family. Feel free to ask any question, shout in frustration when you feel you need to and share you journey back. We all are here to help any way we can. May have been down the same road, so don’t feel you have to walk it along. Many will be more than happy to share their experiences with you. I can’t talk from personal experience because I on a similar, but different road. I have CIDP. However I have heard that GBS stands for getting better slowly. Take care and be well.

New to this site

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 12:00 am

Hope I am posting in the right site this time. I am 28, and was dx in September 2006 with CIDP. I am looking for a support group in the Sacramento/Elk Grove, California area. Please let me know if there are any, and when they meet. Thanks for any help you might have.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 9:25 am

Hello,
      And welcome to your new family where we feel what you feel. These support groups are from another site, the Neuropathy Association and they might help you. They do help people with CIDP, but our forum family is much better then theirs 🙂

SACRAMENTO: meetings held at Northminister Presbyterian Church, for details call Anne Fletcher 916-391-3317

ELK GROVE: held at Elk Grove Senior Center, call Michael Colozzi 916-421-8103

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 11:37 am

The GBS/CIDP Foundation International, whose site you are on with this discussion forum, has 160 chapters worldwide including 11 in California. When you sign on to become a member (from the home page) you will receive a packet of information which includes our chapter directory. The information is completely confidential and the service is free.

Barbara Katzman
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 4:51 pm

I was also looking for the same and found the information below. I haven’t attended a meeting yet and may not since I found this forum.
      Anyway… for what its worth….

GBS/CIDP support group meeting
      Sunday, march 25, 2007
      2:30 – 4:30
      Kaiser Point West Medical Offices – conference room 1
      1650 Response Rd.
      Sacramento, Ca

contact Betty Donelson, Chapter Liason, for info
      916-783-7103