New to the Family

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brie and I was diagnosed with GBS on 10/26/07. I was returning to work on 10/22 after having a baby, 10 weeks ealier, when my symptoms began. I went from having tingling in my hands and feet Sunday night to not being able to walk by Thursday afternoon. We went to the ER on Friday and was diagnosed within an hour and I had my first round of plasmapherisis 2 hours later. I was completely paralyzed from head to toe with the exception of my left hand and fortunately without needing to be put on a respirator. I spent 6 days in the ICU then another 2 in on the neuro floor then it was off to rehab. I came home on Nov. 27th. I am now able to walk around the house without using any of my devices and even carrying my daughter around a little bit.

Thanks for listening to my story!
      Brie

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Dear Brie,

Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on the birth of your little one, and so sorry that you have had to deal with GBS during this time. Hope to see you around often. 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 12:55 am

Hello and Welcome Brie! Congratulations on the arrivial of your daughter! You sure have had alot of changes to your young life lately. I am glad you are healing and able to do what you are. Listen to your body and stay on your routine when you can. [B]Rest[/B] when you are able. The [B]Rest[/B] is what is going to help your body to heal. It does take time for the sheath of the nerves to grow back.

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 11:00 am

Welcome. I noticed that you are from Long Island. I am originally from LI, but moved to PA. I was diagnosed with GBS April 2007 and back full time June 2007. I feel wonderful except I get tired easily and I rest alot !!! This is a wonderful site with wonderful people!

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 11:33 am

Welcome Brie! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Have a wonderful Christmas with your little one 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Hi Brie,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the family. Hope to get to know you better. I am glad to hear that you are getting better. Hang in there.

Jerimy Schilz

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 6:56 pm

Hi Brie.
      I got GBS a year ago in Nov from a flu shot.I was told never to take any imune shots unless it has been cleared by my Nuroligist. You as I was blessed in so many ways with our fast recovery. Mine was 4 months from not walking to walking on my own. I feel and believe there is a reason for everything. One thing I will cont to give back to others as has been given to me. Look at the precious gift you and your family have been given. The people you will meet here are some of the most loveing,careing,giveing,people you will ever meet. I am so happy you found us and no matter what share with us. We have said many times we do know more than over 60% of the doctors that are suppose to know about GBS> May Gods blessings be with you and your family and love ones over the holidays MERRY CHRISTMAS (Steve)

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 8:56 pm

Hi Brie,
      Glad you found this site. I hope you continue to heal well and get strong. If you need help or have questions don’t hesitate to put it out there. You are sure to get help and answers. Congrats on your new baby. Take care.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Hi Brie-

Congrats on a beautiful healthy baby!! Also, on a seemingly quick recovery…take care Dave