New to forum old to gbs

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2009 at 4:32 am

Was diganosed with gbs febuary of 98. Was one of the first to recive plasmapheressis at pouder vally hospital in Ft. Collins CO.

Only by good graces of someone above (and a great doctor) my gbs was caught right off the bat. Only four to five days after on set.My fammly physian know what I had when I first started talking to him about every thing that had happind that day and the two week before. Ten minutes later I was at the hospital beaing admmited. The nuraligst was there not more than fifteen mintues later. A spinal tap soon fallowed. The only hang up was the inshureance did not want to pay for an experamental treamnt. My great doctors spent at least an houre on the phone with though penny pichers.don’t know what he did or said, but what ever it was I’m so glade it work. Because back then I was told with out plasmapheressis the best I could hope for would be at least six mounth in the hospital with a mmi of no more than 70%. To my relife I was only hospitalized for two week with ten treatment. Out pasint thearipy for a few more months. The rest of the story twenty years later is that I have no noticible side efficts and lead a totaly normal and happy life.

I thank the good loard evey day when I wake up and roll out of bed. Because just like manny who read this know how hard that can be. And when I hear for someboddy that they just have staded in bed that day. I ask them why. Why would you wast a pefficly good day.

Oh ya please don’t mind the speeling. I’ve have nevery been very good at it.

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2009 at 8:10 am

Hi Jay! Pleasure to meet you on the forum and Welcome to the Site! You have come to a very nice site here and everybody in here feels like family to me!

Everybody in here is wonderful! We have some very good people in here that I think you will enjoy meeting. All with different stories but we all share several things in common!

So sorry you had to get this GBS. But am glad that you are doing better! I don’t have GBS but can relate to what you have been through. Scary stuff we have! I just pray that someday we can all have a cure and never see anybody else suffer from this again! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Hi Jay: I live in Littleton so nice to meet you. You might want to come down sometime to our local support group which meets in Denver. I am glad to hear you have no residuals-you are very lucky indeed. Welcome to the forum and don’t think of yourself as a bad speller but a creative one. Jeff

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Hi Jay from a cidp’er. Welcome to an incredible family. Glad you have done so well.