New to Cellcept

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed w CIDP in Aug 2010. I’ve responded well to IVIG, but now doc wants to try cellcept too. I would appreciate any info on this drug – good, bad, side effects, etc. I don’t really know anything about it. Thanks for your thoughts.

jaspr

• Anonymous
      February 10, 2011 at 1:23 am

I know there are side effects to this medication- but I have been on a very high dose for a year and it has given me some of my life back. I developed a blood clot in my left leg and multiple blood clots in both lungs after receiving some IvIg. (however, IvIg helped too) I was paralyzed from chest down when I arrived at hospital. It took about two months or so before I began feeling the effects of the Cellcept. One of the things that has helped me the most though is Alpha Lipoic Acid. I take 1,800- 2,400 mg per day. After a couple of months, I noticed a big decrease in my neuropathy. It is an Antioxidant. But always check with your doctor before starting anything new. What is good and works for one patient, isn’t always good for another. If you type in Cellcept in the search area, you will find many posts I believe.

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2011 at 7:08 am

Thanks for your help. Just hearing about it from someone who really knows is soo great! I have just gone through another relapse and had to have 7 days of IVIG. I see my doctor next Wed. I want to try to have all my questions about steroids ready for when I see him. Thanks again!