New Numbness on outer thigh right leg

• July 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Hi Forum loyal … missed you guys.

I’ve recently experienced surface numbness (hot/cold & sharp/dull) on my right thigh from just above the knee cap to about 1/2 the way up my thigh. Roughly the size of a football. It’s on the outer part of my thigh. My leg also aches in this area when I stand for a long period of time. I also get the “bee buzzing” sensation at the bottom of the numb area.

I don’t know if it’s due to my CIDP or if this is a consequence of an automobile accident in November 2012.

Have any other of you CIDP folks experienced non-peripherally localized numbness?

Thanks, Gary

• July 11, 2014 at 3:39 am

Hi Gary how have you been? We are testing out remission, now six weeks apart from every two weeks previously. mixed martial arts class pole vaulting sprinting etc. Far cry from being paralyzed 8 years ago. First normal ncv in 7 years we will see!!! Regarding your issue, it sounds like something I experience, I went to ortho doc took xray dx as arthritis in hip. had cortisone shot and it helped. Now 1 year since shot numbness is starting again, exactly where and what you describe. Worth an x-ray so you can r/o. Good to hear from you. If you could say a prayer for us that all is good. We will be praying for you as well that it is just arthritis!! (better than cidp flare) 😉

• July 14, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Hi Dawn. It’s so good to hear from you. Everything is pretty good all things considered. I didn’t think the thigh numbness was related to my CIDP so thank you for sharing your experience with arthritis causing your numbness; your experience and words are encouraging to me. I will definitely talk with my neuro and suggest an xray of the area. I will pray for you. When I talked to my previous neuro about alopecia he told me “welcome to the world of multiple autoimmune disorders” … gee thanks doc. I’ve heard some forms of arthritis are autoimmune disorders. I wonder what percentage of the CIDP folks are “in the club”. Seems I remember some unofficial Forum polls or survey threads, but I wonder if anything has ever been published on it. I think I’ll research it and see what I find.

One thing I know … multiple autoimmune disorders stink … even more than one 🙄