New Member to the GBS family

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 2:26 pm

Hello, I’m a newbie…

I took a cruise early Jan 2006, and when we came back I started to feel fatigued and like flu symtoms, I then started to medicate myself with Theraflu, Nitequil (sp?) but never got better, only worst.. then I started with numness in my left foot and felt weaker and weaker every day.. until Feb 13th, went to the doc and he told me that it was either GBS or Lou Gerry (sp) then I left the doc’s office and fell and never got up, rescue came went to ER and woke up April 14th paralized from the neck down and with a respirator tube.. then the nightmare started, seisures, learn how to seat, learn how to eat, etc… then 40 days later I was moved to inpatient rehab, and met 3 angels that took me and my pains and helped me stand straight, now I’m back to work and going to outpatient rehab 3 times a week and working hard to get back to life….

aside from GBS I contracted a bacteria that was eating my blood, had 2 transfussions, I got neumonia, and several infections in ICU that almost killed me.

now I hope that I can help people with this disease in my area….

God bless.
      Simon.

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 2:41 pm

Welcome Simon!

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 5:15 pm

Welcome to the group simon. Thanks for your story…

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 6:29 pm

Dear Simon:

Welcome to our family. I am glad you found us, but I also wish you never heard of GBS.

If you are looking to help others out, then this is the place to do it. If you keep posting, then you will eventually touch someone’s heart. You will say the exact right words at the exact right time and you will bring hope and encouragement to a patient or their families.

I’m glad you joined us.

Lee

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Welcome to the Family, Simon. Keep up the positive attitude, you can do anything you want to, one way or another. take care.:)

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 8:31 am

Welcome to the family Simon.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 1:18 pm

thank you for your warm welcome, right now I give support to a friend that is still in the hospital (in-patient) and trying hard to “graduate” to out-patient therapy so she can teach again, also told to all the nurses and techs that if they ever need me to help anyone with GBS and depresion to call me. I think it is very important to give hope to people going through the same horror we had… thanks again.

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2006 at 5:36 pm

Welcome, Simon-

How kind of you to try to help others while you are getting well. Best wishes to you and good health.