New carpet installation

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Can new carpet installation exascerbate GBS?

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2007 at 3:58 pm

I would say possibly in that if your allergic to the dust, carpet fibers, fumes etc. When my allergies are in high gear I usually end up with a sinus infection. A sinus infection is what preceded my GBS/CIDP. That’s just my logic though 🙂

Jerimy

• May 28, 2007 at 6:46 pm

Several people make mention of mold being a problem, is it possible that there could be mold in the old carpet and removal disturbed the spores? What about some sort of air purifier “till the dust settles” Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2007 at 12:50 am

Quite possibly. Carpet and the underpad are manufactured with many chemicals and give off gases known as “out-gasing” for many years. Many people suffer from “runny nose, allergies, asthma, and general body ache” etc. and never make the connection between the symptoms and new flooring. The government allows the big companies to use these harmful chemicals, because the numbers are insignificant of those who have reactions ~ kinda like 1-2 in 100,000 get GBS:( . This goes along with the vaccination issue 😡 Also, as Dawn said, mold spores may have been disturbed, also.

I recommend getting the best air purifier you can afford.