new brand of ivig

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 8:20 pm

had my six week ivig yesterday and today i was so tired and aching and also have bad headache. the hospital changed my brand and just wanted to know if this has happend to any one else?

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Are you AWARE of what your doctors’ orders are regarding brand and dosages?
      Also at what rates the doc suggested to administer this IVIG! ASK your doc NOW! ASAP and get it on record again, ASAP.
      Have to ask? What was the dose, and how long did it take? I’m sure others here are more expert than I am? But often, pushing too much of a dose, or the wrong dose into you too fast? Well. Reactions happen.
      And yes! some brands are not for some folks. Be sure you know what you got tho….as opposed to what your doc wrote orders for? It can and does make a big difference!
      Good luck! Be the better patient and consumer that you can be and are. Do NOT ever doubt yourself. You know.

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2009 at 1:36 pm

I had the same problem. After my third treatment I had a realpse. I checked with the hospital to see if they switched brands; they had. I knew to ask because of this forum. Anyway, after raising hell with hospital execs, pharmacists, and purchasing the hospital changed back to what I had previousoly been getting. I check the bottle everytime I have an infusion to make sure I’m getting the brand that works for me.

New Brand Of Ivig

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2009 at 7:15 pm

So i went to the hospital today for my IVIG, I go every 6 weeks since 3-06 and they changed the brand that i was getting to Flebogamma. I was just wondering if i should be concerned that my brand was changed, they said it was cheaper then what i was using. and will it work the same?

• September 8, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Some people have different reactions to new brands. As well, some have better physical results from one brand to the next. others see no change. If you are diabetic, be sure to investigate if this new brand is sucrose based. Also, Octagam for example will give false glucose readings on blood work, you have to get a glucose specific test because octagam has maltose in it. So complicated.
      Dawn Kevies mom