Never Believed

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 5:32 pm

I never thought that a relapse could happen if you feel some what great.still have some troubles.but can walk. i guess i was wrong when i read some posts. well if anyone could tell me bout there relasps it would be great. id like to know some stories. what is the precentage of a relapse?:) take care! Christina

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 12:31 pm

[FONT=”Arial Narrow”][SIZE=”3″] I’ve heard that relapses are rare, but deep down I have a fear of having GBS happen to me again[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 12:40 pm

It seems that some of us have been misdiagnosed. Originally I was diagnosed with GBS but continued to have relaspes. I had 5 in 8 months so the diagnosis was changed to CIDP. Sometimes its hard to tell between a relaspe and overdoing it. Then there are residuals which muddy up the picture. They can be mistaken for a relaspe as well. There are some on the forum who have gotten GBS twice in their life. So in answer to your question, this is the best I can do!

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 5:01 pm

I think most of us fear getting GBS again. I had GBS 25 years ago and when the residuals hit me 4-5 years ago I paniced thinking I was getting GBS again. It is a frightening and traumatic experience and I think we all dread the thought of going through it again. I think this is a normal reaction.

Take care.

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 5:47 pm

[QUOTE=Miss_30daysStrong][FONT=”Arial Narrow”][SIZE=”3″] I’ve heard that relapses are rare, but deep down I have a fear of having GBS happen to me again[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I also have a fear of getting this disease again after what me and you been through in the hospital. it was horrible. I was 21 when i got this disease. i got it waist down. but had trouble with my hands also. well it has been 7 yrs. and im considered disable because of my weakness and the pains i get. i believe you should get 2 checks as i do. because you cant work. its hard to work in this world with this disaese still lingering in your body. Best wishes and many prayers from me to you!:)

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 5:49 pm

I also have a fear of getting this disease again after what me and you been through in the hospital. it was horrible. I was 21 when i got this disease. i got it waist down. but had trouble with my hands also. well it has been 7 yrs. and im considered disable because of my weakness and the pains i get. i believe you should get 2 checks as i do. because you cant work. its hard to work in this world with this disaese still lingering in your body. Best wishes and many prayers from me to you!:)