neuropathy

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Hi

It’s been a little over 3 years since my GBS diagnosis. I  have recovered very well with the exception of numbness and tingling in my left foot; toes and top of left side of my foot.  Sometimes that affects my balance slightly, but not a lot.  I have been using a foot massager and have found some relief from the numb feeling. I broke my foot massager this morning, apparently it overheated.  I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a foot massager or if I’m just hoping for more feeling and it probably won’t happen and I should save another $$ investment?  Thanks for any info.

Connie

• Anonymous
      May 1, 2013 at 6:27 am

I sit by the stove and soak my feet in a dish-pan type of thing on the floor. The closeness to the stove lets me keep a pan on the fire, and I’m constantly warming up the foot soaker pan. I keep transferring water from my foot bath to the stove top, and back, to keep it at just the right temp. Nice for the winter-time also, here in Colo.

I’ve always thought that a small heated sand box would be nice to have and to walk around in. Now THAT would be LUXURY!
      Brian

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2013 at 5:29 am

Autonomic nerves regulate the automatic functions of the body – for example, heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, and so on. Motor nerves control the muscles of the body and are under our conscious control. And sensory nerves pass sensations from a part of the body to the brain, including information about cold, heat and pain.
      People often describe the pain of neuropathy as being a tingling or burning sensation. They also often describe a loss of sensation similar to what it would be like wearing a thin stocking or glove