neuro in Sacramento area

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2007 at 11:45 am

Anyone have any good recommendations for a good neuro in the Sacramento, calif. area? I have a good neuro at Stanford but its 3 hours away and its hard to get an appointment. I only see him for an hour every couple of months. I have a nice local neuro who schedules whatever Stanford asks for but she is completely inexperienced with neuro muscular problems. I would love to have someone closer by that I can go to when needed and who might take over care from Stanford.

thanks,
      Terry

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2007 at 1:04 pm

Can’t help in Sacramento…..but here’s one in Stockton and if 45 minutes is too long a drive perhaps his office can recommend someone in Sacramento.

Navdeep Dhaliwal MD
      2626 N California
      Stockton, CA 95204

(209) 462-9900

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2007 at 11:30 pm

Hello,
      You could try contacting the liaison for this foundation in Sacramento for the name of a neurologist. Rose C. Nagao…916-421-0682

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2007 at 10:49 am

Hello:

We truly appreciate when you use the services available to you through the Foundation. We have about 160 chapters worldwide, each one headed by a trained liaison. However, I ask that you not place the person’s telephone number on the Discussion Forum for anyone to find. As much as is possible, we try to maintain the liaison’s privacy from people who have nothing to do with either GBS or CIDP (or variants). If you wish to refer someone to a chapter liaison, either give the name and location or, better still, tell them to contact the Foundation for a Chapter directory.

Thank you.

Barbara Katzman
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2007 at 10:50 am

Hello everyone:

We truly appreciate when you use the services available to you through the Foundation. We have about 160 chapters worldwide, each one headed by a trained liaison. However, I ask that you not place the person’s telephone number on the Discussion Forum for anyone to find. As much as is possible, we try to maintain the liaison’s privacy from people who have nothing to do with either GBS or CIDP (or variants). If you wish to refer someone to a chapter liaison, either give the name and location or, better still, tell them to contact the Foundation for a Chapter directory.

Thank you.

Barbara Katzman
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2007 at 9:05 pm

terry, could you pls let me know the name & way to contact this good neuro at stanford. you can e or pm me if you do not care to post it. thx. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2007 at 1:06 pm

thanks everyone. I have been in contact with the local liason in Sacramento and they are helping with a referral.

Stanford is great for digging in and finding a diagnosis. Lots of experience and great at research. But, not great at ongoing care and the personal touch needed. Also a long drive, 3 hours.

cheers,
      Terry