needing help!!!

    • June 17, 2007 at 2:12 am

      My name is Kylie and am looking for helo for my father who had polyneuritis about 25 years ago. We are looking for a neurologist in the states they may be able to help. At the moment he is on Prenisolone and Immurane ( hope that is how they are spelt) and has been for many years, but his limbs seem to be getting weaker. The doctors are not sure exactly what to do and l feel they are using him to trial the drugs.

      Is there anyone who can my father as far as drugs and doctors go. Maybe there is a drug out there or a doctor that is very familiar with this.

      Thanks for your time

    • Anonymous
      June 17, 2007 at 1:35 pm

      Kylie you can start with your local teaching hospital and their referral service. These groups seem to be more updated and act as a team checking with other departments around them for answers! I would start there! Hope this helps!

    • Anonymous
      June 17, 2007 at 2:55 pm

      Hello Kylie,
      We need to know more so that we can try to help you. You said that you are looking for a neurologist in the states. Do you live in the United States or another country? If you are in another country, are you trying to come to the United States and you want to know which state has good hospitals and good doctors? The people on this forum have GBS or CIDP, does your father have GBS or CIDP?

      Don’t worry about how you spell things, we’ll figure it out or we’ll ask you what you mean.

    • Anonymous
      June 17, 2007 at 11:25 pm

      hi kylie,

      the mayo is the best to get a proper Dx. take care. be well.

      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength