need md in upstste new yoek

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 8:12 am

Hi, my name is Judy. I was diagnosised with GBS in Sept 2006. I really need to find a neuro in my area. I e-mail foundation with no reply. Any help? I have already had one relapse and now wonder if I have chronic GBS or Cidp. Any input would help.

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Hello:

I am surprised to hear that you emailed the Foundation with your request as we pride ourselves on responding to everyone. Please tell me where in NY you are located.

Barbara Katzman
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 1:23 pm

I live in Vernon, ny. About an hour from Syracuse.

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 1:32 pm

We only have one neurologist on our physician referral list from Syracuse. His name is Carl Crosley, M.D. I do not have his number but you can locate him online at the State University of NY, Upstate Medical University, Dept. of Neurology. We do not know him personally but he has identified himself to us as treating GBS and CIDP patients. I am sure there are other capable neurologists in your area we are just not aware of them.

I hope you find this helpful.

Barbara Katzman
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2007 at 8:45 am

Barb, thank you for Dr Crosley’s name. Howevery yesterday I tried to make an appoinment with him and please make a note for your records he is only a pediatric neurologist. So, I am back to step one. I am willing to go to Rochester or Albany to find a neuro who really knows about GBS/CIDP. I really need some help, because I think I may have CIDP. Please let me know if anyone know of anyone.