neat news!

• October 3, 2008 at 11:45 am

I am a featured local artist! AND they may submit it to the newspaper! How cool! I wanted to share with my extended family. It’s on a property management site that was written up in the paper a month or so ago saying they were looking for local artists because they enjoy supporting talent and letting others know about us. So I finally got up the nerve to write in and was accepted!

Thanks for letting me share ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.upm-idaho.com/Featured_New_Artist.html

Lori

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Congratulations, Thanks for sharing the good news!

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Congratulations Lori-that first step was the hardest. You did it!!!!! The rest should be a piece of cake.:D
      Emma

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 4:12 pm

That is Too Cool Lori!!! Love Your Pics!!!! Keep up the great shots!!!:cool: ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Lori,

You have such beautiful work! Of course they would feature you!! You’ve only just begun, girl. Keep on going….Congratulations!

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Lori,
      Congratulations! Your pictures were great. I love to take pictures myself. Mainly of my family especially my grandkids!
      Thanks for sharing, you are very talented. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Lori, great pictures. I enjoyed looking at them.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2008 at 1:06 am

Congratulations. That is awesome. I love the shoe picture, but then I love almost anything about kids.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2008 at 3:20 am

Congrats!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Wow! This is a fun experience for you! Wonderful news also! Congrats! So happy this happened for you! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2008 at 10:27 am

[COLOR=”DarkOrchid”][SIZE=”7″]AWESOME!!!

IM GONNA CHECK OUT THAT SITE!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2008 at 10:57 am

wow! your pics are awesome!!! i checked out 17 pages of them. they are addictive, you know! thought id go through all of them, then realized there were over 1,000! you’re hooked, arent cha:D i had seen some of your photos before and they were gorgous, but i had no idea the things you could do! how did you learn to do the special effects stuff? you make me just want to grab my kids and run out to take pics! honestly, i think i ll end up buying them their own cameras for christmas, even my 7 year-old, so they will take up the art early. you know kids and cameras!

your art is beautiful! it will inspirate others in many ways!

thanks for sharing!!!

everyone…go to her flick site!!! just follow the link she posted. you’ll be amazed!!!

• October 6, 2008 at 7:07 pm

thank you everyone! I also got asked by our neighbor to do their family pictures!! I’m nervous about it but I think it will be fun and neat…they want something fun and personal, outdoors and casual. My kind of thing! Couple that with some post processing and I can make the photos unique and special. I want to get the two of them looking lovey dovey at each other…or being silly even…with a big tree so I can “carve” their names or initials in the tree using photoshop. Similar to this effect (which is 2 different photos, the dog and the beach, and some extra work on my part, the footprints and the text) (pardon the less than perfect image, this was done a while back)
      [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/fairly_odd_mother/Favorites/malibufrenchies.jpg[/IMG]

or this effect (the box was plain with the lid shut. I added the text and moonlight.)
      [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/fairly_odd_mother/bfom3.jpg[/IMG]

I taught myself Paintshop Pro about 10 years ago, then moved on to photoshop about 5 years ago. Everything I have learned is through tutorials or experimenting and my hubby showing me tricks (and then making me do it myself!). The special effects are a combination of several features in photoshop and a bit of imagination and lots of practice ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully somehow I can figure out how to make my hobby bring in extra money *sigh*.

Thanks again everyone!!
      HUGS!

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2008 at 10:41 pm

you know, darlin’, the holidays are right around the corner. you could really do some cool gifts for hardly any money, and theyd mean so much! my head is in the clouds again, but was wondering if somehow you could sell your work at a kiosk or have a local store sell your prints. do you do art shows n stuff? maybe you could take some of your local landscape prints to a hometown business. or do a tourist-y kind of area. people always take extra money along for shopping, right? maybe you could sell over the internet? cant you sell on flickr? you could make a bundle with the awesome work you do!

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2008 at 6:39 am

Great job of catching items I would never have thought of taking a photo of. Now I am going to do more experimenting. If I don’t like them then I can hit that delete button. I loved the one of the 710 cap! My new digital camera got me out in the yard this Summer! I even was brave enough to get over to our local county park and take some photos of the buffalo and other residents of the game preserve. This was a great Summer! Best one yet since my onset of GBS! Congratulations!