NASCAR joke for the week

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2006 at 4:23 pm

After Dale Earnhardt died, he was taken up to Heaven. St. Peter greets him warmly, “Dale, it’s great to finally meet you! We’re all big race fans here, and while we hated to see your career end prematurely, we’re excited to see you.”

Dale is taken aback. “Really??”, he asks. “Sure!”, St. peter answers. “As a matter of fact, God Himself is going to give you the tour and show you something you’ll really like. This way…”

Dale meets the Almighty, and is taken to a spectacular 1.5 mile high-bank oval with what must be a million seats around it. They walk through the garage, and Dale is just in complete awe of the entire scene. Sitting there with the hood up is the number 31 Goodwrench Lumina with “Neil Bonnett” scripted over the window. Dale turns to God and says, “That’s my buddy Neil’s car! Wow, I can’t believe it. You actually have races here?” God replies, “Of course we do. All the best things on Earth are also here in Heaven. Neil’s off eating BBQ ribs for lunch, he’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Dale looks at the next bay, and sees a #28 Havoline T-bird with “Davey Allison” on it. “Hey look! It’s Davey Allison’s car! I always kinda liked that kid, and hated when he passed. I can’t wait to see him.” God says, “Yep,that’s Davey’s. He’ll be back shortly, he’s eating lunch with Neil.”

Dale looks over and sees a black #3 Monte Carlo with his name on it. “Wow! My car!” God nods His head, “Yes, it’s yours. And as a matter of fact we’ve got a race scheduled for tonight.” Dale is just stunned at the whole deal, so happy he can’t even think straight.

Dale glances at the last stall down and sees a bright blue 1970 Plymouth Superbird, #43, with the big wing and STP logos all over it. He walks over to it, disbelieving what he’s seeing. He thinks for a moment, and turns to God, “Wait a minute, Lord. What is this? Richard Petty is still alive and well on Earth. Are you telling me that he passed at the exact same time I did?”

The Almighty looks over at Dale, with an incredulous expression on His face. “Well of course not. That’s MY car.”

Everybody have a good weekend!

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2006 at 9:00 pm

Thank you for posting and making me smile. My husband and I have been nascar fans for years and I was devastated when we lost Davey Allison. Then when the Nascar world lost Dale it just seemed like too much. We still watch but racing just isn’t the same without these two…………Vicki

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2006 at 11:23 am

Love it! Thanks for the chuckle 🙂

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 5:36 pm

[QUOTE=vls]Thank you for posting and making me smile. My husband and I have been nascar fans for years and I was devastated when we lost Davey Allison. Then when the Nascar world lost Dale it just seemed like too much. We still watch but racing [B]just isn’t the same without these two…….[/B]…..Vicki[/QUOTE]
      *wipes a tear*