NASCAR 2006 continued

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 8:01 pm

[COLOR=red]To all former and new NASCAR players….[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Is their any interested in continuing our NASCAR pick’s? Andrea and I miss playing and would like to restart the former NASCAR fourm. Anyone interested! Please sign up![/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 9:59 pm

I might be interested! NASCAR is right up my alley! I was glad to see it start up for 2006…brought me back to a some what normal life. I enjoy being distracted with NASCAR all weekend!

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 10:26 pm

No, just kidding… ๐Ÿ˜€ But how does NASCAR on the forums work..???

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 1:02 pm

I won’t play because I’m not to good with Nascar picks.

Just want to wish you all [B]”Good Luck”[/B] and have fun.:)

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 4:35 pm

[COLOR=red]It’s a fun game actually. We pick and post how we the racers will finish, well the top 15 racers. Jethro was good at keeping score, hope he comes back. Meanwhile we could just pick for fun if ya’all want.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 4:57 pm

I assume there is a list somewhere, isn’t there..??? My grandson (12) is a big fan of #24 and has his posters, car models, caps, and t-shirts all over his room… I think my son likes #48 or maybe it is 42… I think I was teasing them about reversing the letters… The name was Jimmy….can’t think of the last name…

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 4:58 pm

You can see that I am going to be really good at this… **S**

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 5:01 pm

[COLOR=red][QUOTE][COLOR=#000000]The name was Jimmy….can’t think of the last name…[/COLOR]
      [/QUOTE][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]Jimmy Johnson #48 Lowes team.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000]I am a Tony Stewart #20 Home Depot team fan!![/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 5:20 pm

I won’t be any good but I’ll jump in and play too. I know almost nothing about NASCAR — isn’t there an M&M car. I have no idea what the number or the name of the driver is but I like M&Ms. :p

Now how do we play this?

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 5:26 pm

THAT was my question… ๐Ÿ™‚ I think the races are always on Sundays, so I guess we play it then… AND I suppose this is going to require that we “watch” the races… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Aimee
      (CIDP diagnosed 8/24/05)

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 9:54 pm

[url]http://www.NASCAR.com/[/url] Nextel Cup Drivers not the Busch or Truck series is what you want.

#38 Elliott Sadler Ford M&M’s is the one you are looking for if you like M&M’s!

Let me see they are racing 05/13/06 at 500 Darlington Raceway evening race at 6:30 p.m. Another Saturday Night race!

[B]Do our picks have to be turned in before time trials?[/B]

Biffle won this race last year!

Well Let me think about this one for a few more days! LOL

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 12:37 am

The NASCAR game we were playing before went something like this: You picked the top 15 finishers, in order of your projected finish. Then you got 10 points for every racer in the top 15 that you picked. After that you are awarded 11 points for an exact finish, 7 for 1 place off, and 5 points for 2 places off. Plus you got 10 bonus points if you picked the winner correctly.

We had the season broken into three segments, and you got to throw out the worst couple of scores. After that, the player with the most points wins. We started with those rules because we played the game with a website “budnascar” (Supporting Dale Jr. of course), and those were their rules. It was a lot of fun. We just got to the second week when the site crashed.

I guess the rules coujld be ammended to whatever we wanted, but that method was pretty much fun. It took some luck, and good guessing. But it did give you a reason to cheer for someone on raceday.

Your picks needed to be posted by 9:00 the morning of the race. If you didn’t get your picks in on time, or just forgot, you were assigned the same picks as the week before, with no changes. Sometimes people did better when they left their picks alone !!

So, what do you think?

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 8:17 am

[COLOR=red]hi Dick S[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]Great to talk to you again. As you can see I’m trying to fire up our NASCAR game. I thought if we, the regular players, picked this week it might give everyone else an idea of how to play.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]You don’t have to watch the race, but it does make it a little more fun.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 9:35 am

Ummm…let’s see if I understand this correctly…I pick who I think will be the top 15 finishers in order of their expected finish. I went to the website that LadyKitUSA mentioned…there are a lot of names. What happens if we all pick the same people (of course this is unlikely)?

I don’t think i will be any good at this – but I am game to try. If nothing else I will give you someone to laugh at. ๐Ÿ˜€ So they have to be submitted by 9:00am (eastern, central, mountain, or pacific???) on 13 May?

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 5:41 pm

Dick Me and Dave are in

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 10:23 pm

I am in too! Oh if you are a Ford person do you pick all the cars with that motor? Go by previous wins? Good Looks? Color of the Cars? Sponsors? What helps you to pick the winners?

The need for speed!

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:43 am

the picks have to be in by 9 am est the day of the race

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 8:40 am

Okay I have my picks – now what do I do?

My sister who [U][I]is[/I][/U] a NASCAR fan kinda helped me because I am, in her words, “hopeless at this”. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 12:14 pm

i’m in too guys, gotta keep myself busy on sundays to keep me out of trouble!:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 12:27 pm

kit, i pick according to good looks if i get in a jam!;)

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 12:29 pm

To which section of peripheral neuropathy does NASCAR belong? Is it part of the alphabet soup prided on by neurologists?:confused:

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 3:20 pm

ok here is my choices for the NASCAR race 5/13/06 @ Darlington race starts @ 6:30 P.M. est [B]GOOD LUCK EVERYONE![/B]

1. #01 Joe Nemechek
      2. #20 Tony Stewart
      3. #6 Mark Martin
      4. #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
      5. #9 Kasey Kahne
      6. #12 Ryan Newman
      7. #14 Sterling Marlin
      8. #17 Matt Kenseth
      9. #10 Scott Riggs
      10. #19 Jeremy Mayfield
      11. #21 Ken Schrader
      12. #24 Jeff Gordon
      13. #25 Brian Vickers
      14. #26 Jamie McMurray
      15. #29 Kevin Harvick

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 3:26 pm

Therapy or Rehab…not sure if you can bill your insurance for Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy!

Also shows you there is fun and friends after GBS/CIDP

Need help with your picks?

Sorry there is no foreign motors in NASCAR….you might want to start a Formula One thread for those!

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 6:27 pm

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Here are my picks…whoo-hoo!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]1. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Jeff Gordon #24 Dupont[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]2. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Tony Stewart #20 The Home Depot[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]3. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Carl Edwards #99 Office Depot[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]4. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Jimmie Johnson #48 Loweโ€™s[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]5. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Greg Biffle #16 National Guard[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]6. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Mark Martin #6 [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]7. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Kasey Kahne #9 Dodge[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]8. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8 [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]9. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Jeff Burton #31 Cingular[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]10. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Jamie McMurray #26 Crown Royal[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]11. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Ryan Newman #12 Attel[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]12. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Bobby Labonte #43 Cheerioโ€™s[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]13. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Elliott Sadler #36 M&Mโ€™s[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]14. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Kurt Busch #2 Miller Lite[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]15. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Matt Kenseth #17 DeWalt[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 7:46 pm

Is the list of 47 drivers that is called The Race Lineup the ones who will be racing… There surely are not that many out there at one time, is there..??? Above the list it says something about “owner standing with the fastest 7 cars”… What does that mean..??? :confused:

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 7:59 pm

1) 48 Jimmie Johnson
      2) 24 Jeff Gordon
      3) 20 Tony Stewart
      4) 45 Kyle Petty
      5) 31 Jeff Burton
      6) 2 Kurt Busch (someone named Busch driving for Miller Lite..???)
      7) 8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
      8) 38 Elliott Sadler
      9) 88 Dale Jarrett
      10) 25 Brian Vickers
      11) 29 Kevin Harvick
      12) 12 Ryan Newman
      13) 66 Jeff Green
      14) 41 Reed Sorenson
      15) 42 Casey Mears

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:32 am

Here are mine and Dave’s picks

1 9 Kasey Kahne Dodge Dodge Dealers/UAW
      2 20 Tony Stewart Chevrolet The Home Depot
      3 16 Greg Biffle Ford National Guard
      4 29 Kevin Harvick Chevrolet GM Goodwrench
      5 31 Jeff Burton Chevrolet Cingular Wireless
      6 99 Carl Edwards Ford Office Depot
      7 38 Elliott Sadler Ford M&M’s
      8 6 Mark Martin Ford AAA
      9 26 Jamie McMurray Ford Crown Royal
      10 8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet Budweiser
      11 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet Lowe’s
      12 24 Jeff Gordon Chevrolet DuPont
      13 2 Kurt Busch Dodge Miller Lite
      14 17 Matt Kenseth Ford DEWALT
      15 5 Kyle Busch Chevrolet CARQUEST

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:33 am

You will find several lists on that site. There is always more cars that want to run that the number that will actually qualify. I think they take the top fastest cars out of that list and only run 42 cars in a race.

Another list will be the drivers points results and a list of the the owners points I think is the list you were mentioning. There is also a list of cars that will be in the top ten “Race for the Chase” or something like that.

Your list looks good! Just make sure you use the Nextel Cup drivers and not the Busch Series Drivers or the Truck Series. Lets see how we do against the guys! I like the method of making a list based on good looks, but how do you nararow that down to only 15? LOL

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:35 am

they run 43 in a race ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:39 am

They run 43 cars in a race!

Hope tires are not a problem and there are not too many yellow flags. But it is Darlington so I know better!

Need for speed!

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 11:02 am

here’s my picks:
      1. 16 Greg Biffle
      2. 20 Tony Stewart
      3. 6 Mark Martin
      4. 9 Kasey Kahne
      5. 24 Jeff Gordon
      6. 12 Ryan Newman
      7. 31 Jeff Burton
      8. 29 Kevin Harvick
      9. 8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
      10. 5 Kyle Busch
      11. 26 Jamie McMurray
      12. 2 Kurt Busch
      13. 17 Matt Kenseth
      14. 99 Carl Edwards
      15. 48 Jimmie Johnson

i have to do more prep for the cute list-next race maybe!:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 3:13 pm

[QUOTE]i have to do more prep for the cute list-next race maybe![/QUOTE]

Did you look at a picture of each of these guys, angel…??? ๐Ÿ˜€

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 6:15 pm

I was late, but I’ll still pick so we can look at different scores

1. Carl Edwards #99
      2. jEFF gordon #24
      3. Dale Earnhardt Jr #8
      4. Bobby Labonte #43
      5. Greg Biffle #16
      6. Tony Stewart #20
      7. Kasey Kahne #9
      8. Kevin Harvick #29
      9. Elloitt Sadler #38
      10 Ryan Newman #2
      11. Denny Hamlin #11
      12. Clint Bowyer #07
      13. Jeff Burton #31
      14. Jamie McMurray #26
      15. Jimmiew Johnson #48

Good :Luck

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 10:31 pm

OK here goes the points

The unofficial order of finish was:

1. 16 Greg Biffle
      2. 24 Jeff Gordon
      3. 17 Matt Kenseth
      4. 48 Jimmie Johnson
      5. 8 Dlae Earnhardt Jr
      6. 12 Ryan Neweman
      7. 5 Kyle Busch
      8. 6 Mark Martin
      9. 31 Jeff Burton
      10. 11 Denny Hamlin
      11. 41 Reed Sorenson
      12. 20 Tony Stewart
      13. 7 Robby Gordon
      14. 1 Martin Truex
      15. 21 Kenny Schrader

So if this were an actual week here are the points earned

Dick S : 7 top 15 for 70 points and 23 position points for 93 points
      angel2nd class22699 10 top 15, correct winner 10 bonus, and 27 position points for a 137 total
      LadyKITUSA had 7 top 15 for 70 points and 18 position points for 88
      2pznapod had 9 top 15 for 90, and 34 position points for 124
      aimee had 7 top 15 and 16 position points for 86 total
      and BEFAN4EVER had 9 top 15 correct and 18 position points for 108 total

Summary

angel2ndclass22699 137 points
      2pznapod 124
      BEFAN4EVER 108
      Dick S 93
      LadyKITUSA 88
      aimee 86

Does everybody agree?

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 12:43 am

maybe i’ll just stick with the “feeling” list-it worked pretty well this time i think.:) good job everyone!:cool:

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:06 am

Ok ya’ll……………I am well aware of this NASCAR thread (in the old days). I never participated, because I am not a fan, but, I think I might want to support this…………………….please advise.

Thanks,

jpljr (Perry)

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:17 am

perry this was my first time too!!! just jump in and start your pick list for the next race, its easy. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:44 am

hey Dick

those picks I posted were for both Dave and I.

Andrea

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 4:50 am

Cheryl,

Wow!! Congrats!!! Your first time and a winner!!:)
      You mean just start listing the car nos. and drivers names that you want……, like now??……..before the next race?? Where ever and when ever that is??!! I don’t even know when, or where, or if, there is a next race.

Per

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 9:21 am

Whoo-hoo …. good job on the picks Cheryl!

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 10:42 am

I did not do too bad! But when the ones that I picked dropped out they dropped off to the back of the whole line of cars or were parked in the pits! I jinxed them!

[B]aimee[/B] I thinik cute worked better than divide the car number in half and that is its placement! I did that for all the cars except #20 and for my Sister in Anchorage, Alaska who really likes Steward I put him in second place so he could not beat my guy!

[B]Perry[/B] just jump in…no experience or skill needed! Next time my names are going into a hat and I am drawing names for each position or do you want that method?

[B]Dick [/B]Thank you for taking time to figure out the points, so we could see how we did!

[B]Angel [/B]Good Job! Congratulations!

The next race is not a regular points race so are we going to do just the points races? 05/20/06 NASCAR Nextel All-Star Challenge

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 11:47 am

I think I will try the ask-my-son-who-is-a-NASCAR-fan method… ๐Ÿ™‚

Aimee

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 9:07 pm

[COLOR=red]Hi I’m glad everyone seemed to have fun. This is just a fun game though and anyone may jump in at any point. Dick S is a great score keeper and I thank him.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 9:09 pm

[COLOR=red]Hey Jethro[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Glad to see you again. I am trying to get our game going again. Join US![/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 10:30 am

Howdy!

I’ll be here with my post. So, the first official race will be the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, May 28th (Sunday) and our picks must be posted by 9:00 AM the day of the race.

Prior to the race we need to set the Segment rules. There have been 11 races already completed. There are 15 races remaining until the Championship Chase begins. We could have Segment 1 for those 15 races, scoring only the best 10 scores. Then with the Chase (final 10) we could have Segment 2, starting with new scores for that segment, and scoring the best 5 scores. This way we will have a Segment 1 winner, a Segment 2 winner, and a Overall winner.

As Dick stated earlier, there would be 15 picks. The picks can be made from the field at [url]www.nascar.com[/url] There will be an 11/7/5 point system (exact pick, one spot, and two spot) and an additional 10 point bonus if the winner is picked.

If anyone needs help picking drivers, go to [url]www.nascar.com[/url] and click on races for past results, schedule, etc., or click on drivers for crew chiefs, driver vs driver at different race tracks etc., etc., etc.

And…if you want to play, make sure you post your 15 drivers by 9:00 AM Sunday, May 28th.

Dave, didn’t mean to cut in on your post…just came natural after doing it for 2 years. Glad you started the thread and so many joined up!

Dick, do you want to keep score, or do you want me to keep it?

Jethro

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 7:32 pm

we are picking for the all-star race?

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 8:26 am

I love NASCAR too!! I am a big fan of Tony Stewart also. My wife said I have to much stuff that says Tony Stewart on it. She said I would probably wear Underoos with his name on them LOL!!
      Anyway this sounds like a fun thing to do I”M IN:D ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2006 at 11:25 am

Hey NASCAR fans!!! I guess I am a bit slow on getting back here. I had been checking and I’m sure I would have again soon, but fortunately someone had my email address and let me know that we were up!

I’m in for next Sunday’s race at Charlotte. Gotta get back in the groove of making my pics. Watch out… Chrissy’s back :p

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2006 at 12:05 pm

glad u and Jethro are back lets do it

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2006 at 11:07 pm

OK here is my choices for the NASCAR race @ Charlotte. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

1. #01 Joe Nemechek
      2. #20 Tony Stewart
      3. #6 Mark Martin
      4. #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
      5. #9 Kasey Kahne
      6. #12 Ryan Newman
      7. #14 Sterling Marlin
      8. #17 Matt Kenseth
      9. #10 Scott Riggs
      10. #19 Jeremy Mayfield
      11. #21 Ken Schrader
      12. #24 Jeff Gordon
      13. #25 Brian Vickers
      14. #26 Jamie McMurray
      15. #29 Kevin Harvick

Going to run this list again and hope being consistant will get me up near the top in points! Just because you win does not mean you are going to get the championship! Don’t laugh! IT COULD HAPPEN!

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2006 at 4:13 pm

Ready to race!

1. Tony Stewart
      2. Jimmie Johnson
      3. Mark Martin
      4. Carl Edwards
      5. Dale, Jr.
      6. Jeff Gordon
      7. J.J. Yeley
      8. Kasey Kahne
      9. Jamie McMurray
      10. Kurt Busch
      11. Clint Bowyer
      12. Matt Kenseth
      13. Ryan Newman
      14. Elliott Sadler
      15. Brian Vickers

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 8:46 pm

Jethro, and all,

That set up sounds great to me. Keeping score can be any way, I’ll be happy to double check you and settle any disputes. You did a great job handling it before. I have taken a part time job, and my hours have been difficult. I’ll post my picks soon …….

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 9:22 pm

Here we go to Charlotte !!!

1. Kevin Harvick #29
      2. Jimmie Johnson #48
      3. Bobby Labonte #43
      4. Kasey Kahne #9
      5. Greg Biffle #16
      6. Mark Martin #6
      7. Jeff Gordon #24
      8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8
      9. Tony Stewart #20
      10. Carl Edwards #99
      11. Elliott Sadler #38
      12. Jeff Burton #31
      13. Matt Kenseth #17
      14. Denny Hamlin #11
      15. Dale Jarrett #88

Let’s go racing !!!

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Dave, Dick, and all:
      [QUOTE]Prior to the race we need to set the Segment rules. There have been 11 races already completed. There are 15 races remaining until the Championship Chase begins. We could have Segment 1 for those 15 races, scoring only the best 10 scores. Then with the Chase (final 10) we could have Segment 2, starting with new scores for that segment, [U]and scoring the best 5 scores.[/U] This way we will have a Segment 1 winner, a Segment 2 winner, and a Overall winner.[/QUOTE] Actually, during the Chase, we should score the best 7 of 10 races. What do you think?

Race 12 picks – Lowe’s Coca-Cola 600

1. Matt Kenseth, 17
      2. Greg Biffle, 16
      3. Kasey Kahne, 9
      4. Jimmy Johnson, 48
      5. Mark Martin, 6
      6. Tony Stewart, 20
      7. Kevin Harvick, 29
      8. Kurt Busch, 2
      9. Dale Earnhardt Jr, 8
      10. Jeff Gordon, 24
      11. Carl Edwards, 99
      12. Kyle Busch, 5
      13. Martin Turex Jr, 1
      14. Jeff Burton, 31
      15. Denny Hamlin, 11

Jethro

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 11:09 pm

[COLOR=red]These are Andrea (befan) and my pick’s:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]1. G. Biffle [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]2. J. Johnson [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]3. M. Martin [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]4. T. Stewart [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]5. M. Kennseth [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]6. J. Burton[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]7. D. Earnhardt [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]8. K. Harvick[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]9. C. Edwards [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]10. K. Kahne [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]11. J. Gordon[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]12. R. Newman [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]13. Ku. Busch[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]14. D. Hamlin[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=red]15. E. Sadler[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]:cool:[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2006 at 11:20 pm

[QUOTE]Actually, during the Chase, we should score the best 7 of 10 races. What do you think?
      [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]Sounds good to me Jethro![/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 5:11 am

๐Ÿ˜Ž Here are my picks for the MAy 28th race.

1.Jimmie Johnson #48
      2.Jeff Gordon #24
      3.Kurt Busch #2
      4.Dale Earnheardt Jr. #8
      5.Sterling Marlin #14
      6.Bobby Labonte #43
      7.Tony Stewart #20
      8.Michael Waltrip #55
      9.Dale Jarrett #88
      10.Kyle Busch #5
      11.Robby Gordon #7
      12.Mark Martin #6
      13.Jamie McMurray #26
      14.Jeff Burton #31
      15.Elliott Sadler#38

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 4:46 pm

Don’t forget my picks they were posted early I think maybe posted 05-24-2006 11:07 PM

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Gentlemen Start YOUR Engines!

GREEN GREEN GREEN!

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 9:21 pm

[COLOR=red]OMG! My driver, Tony Stewart, bruised shoulder I think? Get well Tony let’s kick A and take names next week in Dover! What a rough weekend.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 9:56 pm

what a race huh?! so what is the punishment for throwing a harness at a moving car?!!! bruised,:o its a fracture of the scapula—oooouuuccchhh!!!:(

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2006 at 10:39 pm

Race 12 results:

Andrea had 9 picks for 90 pts, 3 exacts for 33 pts, and 1 one spot for 7 pts, for a total of 130.

Dave had 9 picks for 90 pts, 3 exacts for 33 pts, and 1 one spot for 7 pts, for a total of 130.

Kathryn had 9 picks for 90 pts, 1 exact for 11 pts, and 4 two spots for 20 pts, for a total of 121.

Jethro had 9 picks for 90 pts, 1 one spot for 7 pts, and 3 two spots for 15 pts, for a total of 112.

Cheryl had 9 picks for 90 pts, 2 one spots for 14 pts, and 1 two spot for 5 pts, for a total of 109.

Dick had 9 picks for 90 pts, 1 exact for 11 pts, and 1 two spot for 5 pts, for a total of 106.

Chrissy had 7 picks for 70 pts, 1 exact for 11 pts, and 3 one spots for 21 pts, for a total of 102.

Kit had 7 picks for 70 pts, and 1 one spot for 7 pts, for a total of 77.

Aimee had 5 picks for 50 pts, and 3 one spots for 21 pts, for a total of 71.

Guilly had 5 picks for 50 pts, and 1 one spot for 7 pts, for a total of 57.

[COLOR=”Blue”]NOTE: We should move this from the Main Forum. From this time forward, all post should be made “On the Lighter Side”. See [U]2006 NASCAR[/U][/COLOR] — Select at right bottom “Forum Jump”

Scores: (10 of the best 15 will be scored in Segment 1 – Races until the Chase starts)

Andrea: 130; Dave 130; Kathryn 121 (-9); Jethro 112 (-18); Cheryl 109 (-21); Dick 106 (-24); Chrissy 102 (-28); Kit 77 (-53); Aimee 71 (-59); Guilly 57 (-73)

Race results from [url]www.nascar.com[/url] (unofficial)

1. #9 Kasey Kahne
      2. #48 Jimmy Johnson
      3. #99 Carl Edwards
      4. #6 Mark Martin
      5. #17 Matt Kenseth
      6. #31 Jeff Burton
      7. #16 Greg Biffle
      8. #26 Jamie McMurray
      9. #11 Denny Hamlin
      10. #41 Reed Sorenson
      11. #8 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
      12. #66 Jeff Green
      13. #10 Scott Riggs
      14. #15 Paul Menard
      15. #19 Jeremy Mayfield

Jethro

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Just because it was the first race, and there were so many new members:

Aimee, Cheryl, and Kathryn’s picks (from the practice round) were scored on Sundays Coca-Cola 600 race. The scores were changed accordingly (see above).

Please make all post “On The Lighter Side.”

Jethro

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2006 at 9:40 am

Jethro,

I had Greg Biffle for 5th, he finished 7th and Mark Martin for 6th, he finished 4th. That gave me 2 two spots for 10 points, and a 111 total, instead of 106. Check me to see if I was right.

I knew I was in trouble when I lost Dale Jarrett in the second lap, and then Tony Stewart soon thereafter. Then Harvick(my winner) had his early problems…………. Ah well, there is always next week.

I had a blast, keep up the good work !!

Dick S

• Anonymous
      May 31, 2006 at 1:40 pm

[COLOR=”Blue”][B]THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.[/B][/COLOR]

POST YOUR NASCAR PICKS OR COMMENTS “ON THE LIGHTER SIDE” FORUM — 2006 NASCAR. Go to bottom right, Forum Jump and select.

Jethro