NANCY G.–soon to be a new member!

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 12:39 pm

:p This message goes out to my Mom, Nancy G:

BUT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED:
      Yesterday we set my mom up on the patient’s computer at the rehab hospital where she currently resides. I wanted her to go to the GBS website for the first time, register then read up on some of the posts to get a feel for the site. If she did her homework she will read this message and write a reply which will hopefully be the first of MANY posts for her! This is her kind of place. She loves to story tell and she has a caregiver’s personality so she will find purpose in helping others while she is helping herself.

HER STORY:
      My mom, NANCY, has had a long journey with GBS. Diagnosed in August of 2005. Within 4 days of her symptoms she was paralyzed from the neck down and on a vent receiving IVIG. She was in the ICU for 6 weeks, transferred to another hopsital for vent weaning where she remained for 4 months, then went to a rehab hospital for two weeks before she was moved to a nursing home for 5 months. At this point the reason she couldn’t tolerate in-patient rehab because she developed a bone mass in her hip’s connective tissue (yes, related to GBS). We waited for the bone to mature and then had a major surgery to remove it. Back to the nursing home, but quickly she went back to in-patient rehab where she has been for the last few months.

Now she is progressing quickly! She has mastered getting up from the wheelchair, standing and walking—even a step or two! Now it’s just a matter of doing these things unaided and for longer periods of time and greater distances. I have faith that things will only get better for her! In a few short weeks she will be home with me for the first time in over a year!!! I am looking forward to the work and the challenges that lie ahead.

So, mom, if you’re reading this, reply. And in front of you and this whole discussion forum I’d like to say three things:
      I love you! (duh, you knew that)
      I’m here because I WANT to be. (believe this one)
      and I’ll be here as long as it takes! (have faith in this one)

Well, see ya meat!
      Stephanie

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 12:49 pm

I am looking forward to “meeting” you, Ms. Nancy.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 1:40 pm

[COLOR=”Purple”]Welcome Stephanie and “soon to be new member” Nancy G.! Glad you found us. We are a family here and we care because we understand. You will find much support and information on this site. If you have any questions let us know and many will answer. Congratulations, Nancy on your progress………Vicki[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Cant wait to talk with you Nancy.

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Glad to hear your mom is doing better, stephanie. i can’t wait to see her here posting. just in case she doesn’t do her homework–give her a hug for me!;)

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 5:34 pm

Oh Nancy, where are you??? We are waiting to say hello! I feel strongly that this forum will help you realize you are not alone – unfortunately, many of us have walked (or fell) in your shoes.

P.S. I’m the nosey sort, will you please give us a short bio?!?!

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 6:39 pm

Welcome Nancy and Stephanie,

I’m looking forward to getting to know you both.

Best wishes for your continued recovery.

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 8:43 pm

Nancy & Stephanie

Welcome, please drop in and and make yourselves at home. I am Stpehen and I will be your Cruise Director….hold on….wrong forum ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hope you find this place as informative and as filled with hope/love as I. Please let us know if you have any questions or even just frustrations…..heaven knows I have been a big enough pain here for the past year and a half…..if they can put with me then….

God Bless
      Stephen

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Welcome to our family Nancy, I hope you find the help and support you need here. Jump right in, we already met your great daughter.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2006 at 4:37 pm

Hello,
      We are waiting to welcome you to your new family, where we feel what you feel. I am going to presume that you will register as Nancy G, checked the members earlier and don’t see you yet.

[IMG]http://wtv-zone.com/sassy1948/teddy/beefriends.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2006 at 4:50 pm

I’m looking forward to meeting you “in person”! Welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2006 at 10:33 pm

You forgot to tell us your Mom is shy! Either that or she is using that white ink or worse yet the disappearing ink in her messages. You might want to help her out with that first post…..she is probably checking out the NASCAR or Geography Game links! Tell her we are looking for her here!

Nancy don’t be shy!
      We will not poke you in the eye!
      Oh if you don’t come here soon I am going to cry!
      For now I am just going to say GOOD BYE!
      ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2006 at 11:31 am

Mom-
      hurry up and get here! As you can tell, everyone is waiting here with open arms to say howdy!
      She doesn’t know this message is here for her, but each time I see her and talk to her on the phone I say, “and go online to register!”

…and the wait continues!
      :confused:

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2006 at 12:08 pm

Hello Steph,
      I think the problem may be that your mother has one of those round “tuits”, I have one in every room of my house. I’ll do it when I get “around to it”.

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/3.gif[/img]